Cervelo S3 wheels problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

GOOD MORNING,

The Cervèlo S3 frameset is not compatible with all type of weels, or with most part of road weels.

I am disappointed COMPATIBILITY BY NON 'TO ALL THE WHEELS WITH THE MODEL S3.

I have buy S frameset in October and the table compatibility is appared only 24 December on Cervèlo web site.....

THE STATEMENT ON SITE appeared ONLY TODAY FOLLOWING A REPORT AND MIA 'MADE WITH DELAY .....

IS 'SERIOUS AFTER THAT BOUGHT THE FRAME S3 us the LIST OF WHEELS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE .....

I'm sorry ONE COMPANY AS SERIOUS Cervelo NOT ME LO would have expected ...

ARE VERY, very disappointed

GOOD MORNING

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

yeah--tractor wheels and wagon wheels will not fit--that's why i choose a different company.

GOOD EVENING

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

A leading brand like Cervelo must solve this problem because the people that have bought the chassis s3 did not know the incompatibility of the wheels ... A leader is always a leader, when and when it sells after-sales

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I don't know what wheels actually fit and which don't, but there are only two wheels that definetly don't fit on the list. That's not what I'd call "most".

I understand you are disappointed, but you haven't told us what your problem is. Do you have a wheelset that doesn't fit? Which one is it?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

Surely it was to be expected that some wheels wouldn't fit as soon as pics of the chainstays came out?

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

The list of compatible wheels not to be communicated at the time of the sale of the frame until after 3 months ...
I bought the frame and only now I know that there are wheels that are not going well, and in the table there are all the wheels but only quall that Cervelo tried after I sent an e-mail alert wheels!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

NAVAHO wrote:The list of compatible wheels not to be communicated at the time of the sale of the frame until after 3 months ...
I bought the frame and only now I know that there are wheels that are not going well, and in the table there are all the wheels but only quall that Cervelo tried after I sent an e-mail alert wheels!

I'm sorry but I do not understand half of what you're saying... :? Why don't you tell us what wheelset(s) you are riding so you'll maybe have a weight weenie helping you and tell you if that set is "narrow spoked" or "wide spoked". Until then, don't panic.

Me too, I'm thinking about ordering an S3 frameset so I'm having a close eye on this subject. I suppose all Zipp wheels (expect Sub9) will be fine.

PS: list of wheel compatibility is here: http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx?bike=S32009#5

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

The list of compatible and wheels are few, was posted on the website Cervelo only on 24 December, after my stress on the Shamal wheels that are not compatible.
This information should be given first.
When you buy the chassis S3 must know that some wheels there are fine.
I can not know since when we put the wheel alone and I see that's not good!

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

NAVAHO wrote:The list of compatible and wheels are few, was posted on the website Cervelo only on 24 December, after my stress on the Shamal wheels that are not compatible.
This information should be given first.
When you buy the chassis S3 must know that some wheels there are fine.
I can not know since when we put the wheel alone and I see that's not good!

That is not what's said on the Cervélo website, though I think the Campagnolo Shamal's are comparable to Fulcrum Zero's as far as spoke width is concerned. :noidea: Just wait, don't panic, if a problem occurs a solution will be found ;)

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

Cervelo is a leader, then we expect a solution by Cervelo Lader.
But certainly the communication was done using retardation ...

HisRoyalThighness

by HisRoyalThighness

I'm sorry, but are you using an online translator? Most of what you're saying is very difficult to follow...
Die Grenzen meiner Sprache sind die Grenzen meiner Welt

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

NAVAHO wrote:Cervelo is a leader, then we expect a solution by Cervelo Lader.

Cervélo sure is by far the leader on the Hawaii bike count for the Ironman World Champs, but still is not a leader in bike industry... still on of the smaller companies (but fast growing). :wink:

I guess the can only communicate a problem as soon as they are aware off, no? I know companies that have compatibility issues with other manufacturer's products and never ever communicated that. So let's be fair and wait a little... the S3's aren't even be delivered yet, so there's plenty of time to take some english writing lessons . :D

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

Sono Italiano ed uso un traduttore online.
Scusate

NAVAHO

by NAVAHO

I am Italian. Sorry for my English ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pierrot

by pierrot

C a s r a n wrote:
NAVAHO wrote:Cervelo is a leader, then we expect a solution by Cervelo Lader.

Cervélo sure is by far the leader on the Hawaii bike count for the Ironman World Champs, but still is not a leader in bike industry... still on of the smaller companies (but fast growing). :wink:

I guess the can only communicate a problem as soon as they are aware off, no? I know companies that have compatibility issues with other manufacturer's products and never ever communicated that. So let's be fair and wait a little... the S3's aren't even be delivered yet, so there's plenty of time to take some english writing lessons . :D

I live in Switzerland and i already receive my S3 !!! So they are available.
And i know now that some wheels are not compatible. It is not serious.