Schematic for DI2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

teufelhunden222

by teufelhunden222

Does anyone have a DI2 Schematic
[img]<iframe%20height='160'%20width='300'%20frameborder='0'%20allowtransparency='true'%20scrolling='no'%20src='http://app.strava.com/athletes/1677950/activity-summary/ddf436fc1ca509b20d4637cfa80c928da771d2c6'></iframe>[/img]

teufelhunden222

by teufelhunden222

Ok, lemme run something buy you guys. What about DI2 shifting that was basically automatic. Think of a strain guage(power meter) on the cranks. When torque gets above a specified range it downshifts. When torque gets below a specified range it up shifts. Would have a on/off button(toggle) for sprint mode that would upshift only at a different range set untill toggled off. The whole thing would be usb programable for torque ranges with saveable courses. It could be done extremely light. Make it ANT+ or the new bluetooth with the change of a micro SD card. It could also be done to use existing speed/cadence meters(IE Trek/Giant) and existing power meters. The cost of all of the hardware(not including the powermeter) would be around $150.00. I believe the market for this type of item would make the retail around a grand or so. The cool thing about it would be you could put it anywhere, including the placement of the micro switches. There would also be the possibility of leaving say 2 more programmable switches to make the bike shift however you want. make a press and hold function on one of the switches to downshift(stop sign function). I think this is a very real possibility.-David
[img]<iframe%20height='160'%20width='300'%20frameborder='0'%20allowtransparency='true'%20scrolling='no'%20src='http://app.strava.com/athletes/1677950/activity-summary/ddf436fc1ca509b20d4637cfa80c928da771d2c6'></iframe>[/img]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

For me, personally, you would be killing a significant part of why I love riding bicycles. Electronic shifting already does remove a lot of the pleasure of riding (for me), but automatic? Might as well go to a gym.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ditto, I have no use for electronic shifting as it is, let alone an "automatic" version. How would it tell when you are tired and don't really want to shift to a next higher gear or vice versa. I'd say don't get me started but you already have. Silly. Just silly. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Omiar

by Omiar

For my road bike, no way. For custom bikes, why not.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I think automatic shifting would be great on a commuter or transit bike with a gearbox system like a pinion. On a sport bike, not for me. Clicking my Campagnolo shifters about is too much fun.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com