FarSports 38mm Carbon Clincher Review Thread, The

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I used the ones that don't have tabs, only a circular extrusion. I can't tell from your pictures, but I'm assuming it's the ones in the image on the left.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes, you need the top left.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I have this wheelset since a few months and not that i'm planning of getting a new group but i was wondering if there is (or will be) an 11 speed body for this wheelset?

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

They are available now, if i recall from the website...
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

MisterNoChain wrote:I have this wheelset since a few months and not that i'm planning of getting a new group but i was wondering if there is (or will be) an 11 speed body for this wheelset?

MisterNoChain, we have launched 11sp hub for a while, available for ED hub, ED ceramic hub, Bitex hub.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Can the 10 speed Edhub be converted?

addictR1

by addictR1

where to find the round veloplugs? all the ones on amazon are all oval shaped.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

They're all oval shaped, actually.
The 'round' part is the bit that goes into the hole. The over of the hole is oval shaped.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Juggler

by Juggler

metanoize wrote:What's the width on these rims?

Sorry for the late answer... the rims are 20 mm wide.

I now have around 300 miles on them - most of them in the (small) mountains of Mallorca.

First of all, they are pretty easy to put tires on. I fitted a pair of Vittorio Corsa CX Evo by hand. With that said, I had to swap the Velox cloth rim tape with some Stans tape. There is quite a big difference between these two.

The hubs run really smooth - with a quick spin in the bike stand, the wheels run like forever.

Due to the light weight, they spin up really easy - and are the bomb, when it comes to going uphill.

We got surprised by the rain on the first evening - and that was a pretty scary downhill experience on Puig Mayor. In a split second the wheels went from good braking to absolutely poor braking (as expected).

I had a single flat - also on a downhill section. It was on a decent towards Port Valldemossa (from 400 meters to 0 meters). The first part of the decent has quite a lot of hairpins. I am always aware of applying brake power in steps, and not being "on the brake" all the way down. Even though I got this flat - convinced it was due to overheating. It happened just as I turned into a 180 degree turn - luckily at low speed. It wasn't a blow out - but the pressure went from 8 bar to 0 bar in 2 seconds. The puncture was on the inside of the tube, and there was no "objects" inside the rim, being able to cause this. They are fitted with Stans rim tape. Just for info; I use Enve brake pads.

Overall experience: Smooth hubs, good braking in the dry, bad braking in the wet, easy to fit tires, awesome looks
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

addictR1

by addictR1

^^ good review. sounds like even with the basalt braking surface this wheelset seems to be good for dry weather use only.

Keetoo

by Keetoo

I am riding with swissstop black prince brake pads for some weeks now and i love them. Last week 5 hours in the rain in hilly sections, all the time good braking power, very predictable and good modulation.

laleme

by laleme

Just received my wheels today, thanks Kyle!

1275g including Veloplugs + electrical tape. Only 100g heavier than my CCUs - amazing!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Nice 38s! Looks boss....nice ladder too!

laleme

by laleme

Heh, thanks. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

what's the electrical tape for?