revoloop review? feedback?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

uraqt

by uraqt

Whith this review ad comments I googled around and couldn't find any real reviews or feedabck any try them or revoloop?

https://bikerumor.com/2018/05/10/trail- ... e-century/

https://revoloop.com/racer-cyclocross/r ... white?c=34

Yes I know that MT tubes are 1st but somebody has to have tried the revoloop by now...

Thanks

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Bump... Nobody? : )

C

TonyM

by TonyM

You may want to the first to write a review...🤪

ms6073

by ms6073

uraqt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 pm
Bump... Nobody? : )
It may be a while before you get any real world reviews as I do not think the tubes are currently available for sale in the US.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

TonyM

by TonyM

Then the reviewers from the UK for example will do the job...like Cycling Weekly

FreaK

by FreaK

Except WW is not a US site. The majority of WW users are from around Europe. There's no reason that ride feedback should not be available, unless they only ever sold one pair to that guy in the comments of Bike Rumor.
Mark me down as curious as well. They list far more sizes than Tubolito for starters.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

FreaK

by FreaK

also, who cares about american opinions?
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

Just order a pair - will let you know how they work out.

R.

akaspin

by akaspin

How they compares with butyl tubes in terms of air leak and rim brakes compatibility?
I really tired with tubeless and sealant and want back to tubes.

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

Revoloops arrived from Germany a few days ago (http://www.bikecomponents.de did a great job with shipping to the UK).

Not supposed to leak air like latex, and supposedly OK with rim brakes.

First impressions - already - before the first ride tomorrow.
- packaged well, neat slide out cardboard box, more like a jewellery box
- very small physical size - perfect for anyone trying to save space in a tool pack
- they feel stiff, not at all supple like a latex tube
- they do not seem to weigh anything at all, although the scales did say they wieghed something.

More news after tomorrows ride...

Here are the obligatory weight saving scale photos...
revoloop.white vs. vittoria latex

akaspin

by akaspin

Bought Revoloop.white. Ride one week. Light, durable. RR feels slightly bigger than latex tubes. Normal valve in comparison to tubolito. Highly reccomended.

hannawald

by hannawald

Is there any difference to Tubolito? They are light but nobody rides them because of high rolling resistance (besides price) if i googled correctly..

uraqt

by uraqt

@richard@lbrc.org

Thanks for the pix and update !!!

@akaspin

Thanks for your feedback, depending on richard review looking like i'll get a pair ...

C

PS guys what about patching these....I think the tublolito ones come with special patches????

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

OK, have just completed some proper rides with my revoloops. (Stelvio X 2, Mortirolo, Unbrail Pass, Gavia Pass). Fitted on Shamal Mille Ultras with Vittoria Corsa+ graphenes.

Good points.
- I can feel the difference they make. Lighter and more rigid than latex means they feel faster.
- Despite the severe braking tests above, and red hot rims, they never blew out
- No punctures all week
- Very little air leakage, perhaps 0.25 bar per day.

Bad points.
- the composite valve stem needs extra care. If you overtorque the removable valve, you will damage the stem. I got away with it, but you might not.
- They will not however improve your riding as much as a new pair of legs, losing body weight, or eating and drinking sensibly.

My verdict (yours might differ)
- if you have 50 euros plus shipping to spare, well worth trying. These are my new favourites.

R.

Hex

by Hex

richard@lbrc.org wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm
OK, have just completed some proper rides with my revoloops. (Stelvio X 2, Mortirolo, Unbrail Pass, Gavia Pass). Fitted on Shamal Mille Ultras with Vittoria Corsa+ graphenes.

Good points.
- I can feel the difference they make. Lighter and more rigid than latex means they feel faster.
- Despite the severe braking tests above, and red hot rims, they never blew out
- No punctures all week
- Very little air leakage, perhaps 0.25 bar per day.

Bad points.
- the composite valve stem needs extra care. If you overtorque the removable valve, you will damage the stem. I got away with it, but you might not.
- They will not however improve your riding as much as a new pair of legs, losing body weight, or eating and drinking sensibly.

My verdict (yours might differ)
- if you have 50 euros plus shipping to spare, well worth trying. These are my new favourites.

R.
Hi there,

How are you getting along with these?
I started another thread on looking for alternatives to latex for road feel. I'm not too fussed about RR but I'd like to keep the feel of latex as much as I can but with more durability and air retention like butyl.

Panaracer R'air were an option, but people seem not to be too thrilled about them.

I'd like to know more about the feel of these tubes on the road, especially on 320tpi tires. Do they also support sealant?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com