Hanging scale recomendations (Complete bike weighing)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mathias720

by mathias720

Hello
I have been weighing my bike complete with a fish scale with +/-5g up til 10kg tolerance until lately but have found it to be inaccurate depending of how i hang the bike, i Can weigh it 5 times in the same spot and have difference of up to 50g. I have also compared it to parktool hanging scale and feedback, both in Local shop so dont know how they have been handeled or abused. They both also showet differences of up to 100g.

I am Racing uci races and wanna hit pretty close to the 6.8kg, so Want a scale that is fairly accurate for complete bike weight, what would you guys recomend as a reliable hanging scale?

I have afsked the Local uci clubs and they dont Seem to have a "standard" weight, so nothing to buy of there

Thanks in regards

Ronin416

by Ronin416

mathias720 wrote:Hello
I have been weighing my bike complete with a fish scale with +/-5g up til 10kg tolerance until lately but have found it to be inaccurate depending of how i hang the bike, i Can weigh it 5 times in the same spot and have difference of up to 50g. I have also compared it to parktool hanging scale and feedback, both in Local shop so dont know how they have been handeled or abused. They both also showet differences of up to 100g.

I am Racing uci races and wanna hit pretty close to the 6.8kg, so Want a scale that is fairly accurate for complete bike weight, what would you guys recomend as a reliable hanging scale?

I have afsked the Local uci clubs and they dont Seem to have a "standard" weight, so nothing to buy of there

Thanks in regards
Feedback Sports and Park Tool are popular among cyclists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Did you look at the Scales Shot at the top of the Road page?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170951&p=1799763&hi ... s#p1799763
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

AJS914

by AJS914

mathias720 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:03 am

Has your bike ever been weighed at a race?

pushpush

by pushpush

I have a Venzo that I think was $40 on amazon. It has been quite accurate considering the price relative to the competition.

mathias720

by mathias720

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:02 am
Did you look at the Scales Shot at the top of the Road page?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170951&p=1799763&hi ... s#p1799763
Seems to be small tabel scale and not hanging for complete bikes

mathias720

by mathias720

AJS914 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:33 am
mathias720 wrote:

Has your bike ever been weighed at a race?
Yes, as i am know to be a weight weenie, and being just around the limit, some folks i beat have "Reported" me to get my bike checked

mathias720

by mathias720

Ronin416 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:30 am
mathias720 wrote:Hello

Thanks in regards
Feedback Sports and Park Tool are popular among cyclists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like to two most popular "Bike" scales? Is feedback just as good as parktool? Seems almisser Half Price of the parktool

C36

by C36

It’s a std problem that even WT teams have.
First none of the « bike scales » are certified for anything and there are no « cheap solution ». A 1g resolution up to 10kg,reasonably accurate (but not certified) is north 130€.
For a elite highly race we organised we ended up borrowing a postmail services scale certified to 20g (but was up to 35kg). That’s the best we could reasonably find.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

txg

by txg

mathias720 wrote:
Hello
50g error of 10kg is 0,5%, which is far from "inaccurate" but pretty accurate for a scale. To get higher accuracy will be a lot more expensive. Just hang the bike the same way all the time and this "problem" is solved.