question regarding veloflex corsas

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

After a couple of hundred miles, I dropped pressure down from 110/115 to 100/110 and felt increased comfort. Thinking I'll keep the 23s on for a while.
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

FWIW....I got out the calipers and measured the Corsa 23 mounted on a 20.5mm (inside diameter 13.5mm) carbon rim...tire measures a consistent 22.5mm on these rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

As we talking about dimensions here...
23 Master measures 24mm, on rim with 18mm inner width.
Mounting this tyre was not easy. I used liquid soap to make beads more slippery and had to wear gloves. Mounted them with butyl inner tube and pumped to 9bar. Hope they will stretch with 48 hours and then I can slide latex tube in.
Any tips how to dismantle one bead without levers, to change tube?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I'm looking for some new tires and i'm down to 2 candidates. The Veloflex Corsa or Vittoria open corsa evo cx. Wich one to pick guys?? (the vittoria's are €10 cheaper a piece)

I've ridden the veloflex carbon tubulars wich i loved, but no experience with their clinchers. I miss the smoothness of the veloflex with my current tire (Bontrager R3).

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Veloflex....the CXs aren't that great. Look for the SC or SR

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I've ridden the veloflex carbon tubulars wich i loved, but no experience with their clinchers. I miss the smoothness of the veloflex with my current tire (Bontrager R3).

Veloflex it is then. As said before, pop in a Vredestein latex inner tube and you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference between these and the Carbon tubs.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Has anybody had a chance to measure Corsa 25 on wider 23mm rims? Archetype would be perfect :)

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

1415chris wrote:Has anybody had a chance to measure Corsa 25 on wider 23mm rims? Archetype would be perfect :)

Guy on another forum says 25.4mm.
formerly rruff...

1415chris

by 1415chris

Cool, thanks for this.
With the R5 you have to be very careful ;)
More comfort on the back is always welcomed.

For the records, 23mm Corsa on the Archetype measures 24.3-4mm.

tinozee

by tinozee

Hey guys, I have had an issue with the Master open tubulars. First of all, I love the veloflex tubs, i use them on all of my tubular wheels.

The issue I had with the Master was a blow off. I installed the brand new tire with bare hands and inflated the tube to 100psi. I was careful to make sure the tube was well tucked into the tire and even checked both beads for any pinches/overlaps. All looked good once inflated to 100psi, then about 1 minute later BOOM, the tire had blown off the rim and tube exploded. I was not riding at the time thank god, just sitting in the lot installing the other tire. The tube was a brand new conti race light on a Ritchey Apex (Reynolds assault) rim.

Any thoughts? Is it the type of bead hook on the ritchey rim not playing well with the master's bead?

reippuert

by reippuert

fdegrove wrote:Hi,

Fair enough.
So you want a clincher tyre that is the equivalent of the tubular one that's been designed for Paris-Roubaix races
and go on a randoneur trip with that?

Very stylish, almost aristocratically posh....

Ciao, ;)

yes :-) well since then i went all out after bying a pair of reynolds carbon hoops with conti comeptition tubs i fell in love whith tubs again after 25 years and build a pair of nice 32 spoked aluminum tub wheels (campy Seoul 88 rims / Campy Chorus 99 hubs) and have been touring and commuting on 25mm sprinter gatorskins all last year - this year i have been on 27mm Vittoria Pave's this year - very plush, especially the 27mm Pave and very few punctures (none on the gatorskins)
--
mvh. Morten Reippuert Knudsen @Merlin Works CR, Chorus 15, Reynolds 46/66