All Lightweight rear wheels will be compatible to Shimano 11s. The new production has modified hubs, and there will be new DT freehub bodies (marked as 11s). Four different combinatins wiil be possible:
- 10s wheel + 10s freehub body => 130mm wide, the well known setting up to now
- 10s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the left, when using 21t or 23t cassettes derailler may contact spokes (only with sprint rear wheel)
- 11s wheel + 10s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the right
- 11s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm (spacer needed to use 10s cassettes here, spacer is part of purchased parts package)
So is there no spoke contact problem for all 10 speed Lightweight wheels other than sprint? What about Ventoux Gen. II or Gen. III with DT 240 or DT 190 plus new (11s) freehub? What are the consequences of being 0,5 mm off center?
- Ventoux could be critical as well, as they are 24spoked. The "contact area" are the knots where the spokes are bended together...
- 0,5mm off center does not really matter... many wheels come off center and you would never realise during riding. Lots of frames might be off center as well..