old 595 Look build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JieBin

by JieBin

Hi all :D

This is my first “weightweenie” road bike build! I have alway been interested in a 595 frame and jumped on the chance to purchase it when it was put on sale on the resale market.

Look 595 frameset S
Shimano di2 7970 groupset
Ridea Crankset + Ridea chain rings
Tune speedneedle saddle
Ritchey alloy WCS bars (42cm) and stem (110mm)
Ridea 12T & 11T jockey wheels
Fulcrum racing speed XLR wheelset
shimano 5610 Pedals
Negative G brakeset
6700 Spocket
7900 chain
Deda bar tape

May not be the lightest Look build around but I am still happy at how it rides and feel.
At 6.84kg all in, this is the lightest bike that I have own :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Excellent looking bike!

External Di2?

JieBin

by JieBin

Tinea Pedis wrote:Excellent looking bike!

External Di2?

Thank you :oops:

It is external Di2. wanted to do an internal version but when i check the BB area and head tube area, there was no opening on the inside. The initial idea was to cut the di2 cable at the connector, feed it thru the frame via the brake cable slot, FD slot & bb cable guide slot. :(

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Looks like you have done a fantastic job of keeping the wiring hidden.

I miss my Look. Chapeau to you sir, they are excellent bikes.

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

how do you find the ridea crank and chainrings?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JieBin

by JieBin

phallenthoul wrote:how do you find the ridea crank and chainrings?

hi there!

Well, there are some pro and cons to this product, let me share as much as i can on this

when i was given the product to use, it was a breeze to set up and shifting was prefect. It was better then any other "oval chainrings" that I have demo in the past. It is the same as o.symetric in terms of the adjustment as there is only 1 position for the rings to be install, unlike rotor. I have had ZERO chain drop at all!!

* there was some issue with my mates bike that had campy on it. Shifting was a nightmare with this rings. Shimano and Sram have no issues :thumbup:

In some cases, there was no need to adjust the Front DER position at all, only maybe the limit screws only.
on the flat, it really helps to maintain a smoother pedal stroke but when climbing wise, it was kind of weird in the beginning. I had to shift a little on my saddle to find that "sweet spot" while climbing using this rings.

If you are using the current generation of shimano, this chainring when installed looks horrible! but when install on SRAM, it look almost like the original rings.

2 version for this chainring, one is a 3D and 2D. The 3D is a little more "oval" then the 2D which confused me in the start as i was only expecting to have one standard design.

The crank is nothing fantastic, a little over price i feel. I don't have exact weights to compare with since i forgot to weight all the parts before the build.

*note, the crank and crank arm on the is a 4-bolt system. I was told it will help to improve the effects more.

All in all, this product suits my "kind" of riding. The only way to know is to locate a dealer and ask for a demo for a couple of weeks before purchase.

If you need more information on my experience with ridea, just post the question cos as you can see, i am not a guy who is good with product review !!! :D :D