Sub 7.3 kg/6.4 kg 29'er project buildthread finished pic p 6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jdp211

by jdp211

Martin.F wrote:Limba: A Crumpton? I'm a student! :shock: :lol:

Looks to be an awesome build. Considering the rest of the build parts, a Crumpton wouldn't be too far off.

BmanX

by BmanX

I really love how the cables are run and how they just seem to fade away and not take away from the build. Great work. How do you like the cranks. I was thinking of getting some for one of my builds but they were 167.5 which is a bit short for the application. Price was right at $325 for arms but not long enough.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Yeah, I like it to, they are not in the way of anything and is well protected from the elements.

Regarding the cranks, they look good, are light, need some extra care when assembling. I haven't got around to trying them yet, but rings are on the way. I will post a review of the components once I get to ride it. I'm guessing crankset, fork, wheels and brakes are the most interesting?

325$ is a good price. I paid (converted from NOK) 800$ for mine including BB and the Gara rings. Retail in Norway is 1100$, but then again everything is expensive here. An XX rear derailleur has a retail price of 530$ to mention something.

Liggero

by Liggero

AAAAAAwesome build!!! congratulations. looks very fast but weak with those tires, but that is easy to swap. this looks like a prefect bike to use for roll advantages of 29ers.
Happy Trails !!!

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

Very nice build! Looks great. Can't wait for a scale shot :D

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Thanks to everyone for nice comments :beerchug:

The mailman was quite nice today. Brought me something I've waited for for a time now. It looks soooo good in flesh. The human hand imperfections, the feel of quality, the look of perfection. It's just gorgeous. Thank you, Jure! Hope to do business with you again :thanx:

Untitled by Martin.F., on Flickr

tskubi

by tskubi

this is gona be hell of a bike...
how much did you get the combo for ?
Enjoy your time under the sun.. and when its cold and dark don't worry too much, the world will keep spinning and your time in the sun will come again.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

tskubi: I hope so :) It was a wish from Jure that I didn't tell anyone the price, so I don't :wink:

dcj9

by dcj9

interesting project. that extralight stem is really light :shock:
i picked one up in a shop once, the build quality is first class.

..and another saddle combo arrives from Jure. congratulations :beerchug:

BmanX

by BmanX

I love the Berk combo and can not wait to see mine when it is completed. Great work on the build.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Martin.F

by Martin.F

dcj9, yeah, you can easily tell it's a really high quality product once you hold it in your hands. Details are so much better than on cheaper and heavier stems.

Bmanx: I can't wait to see yours as well!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, thanks for all those nice comments, it really made my day :thumbup:.

Regarding the prices, I'm not yet a company (but I'm working on it) and I can only make it as a "hobby project" if you know what I mean, so the price depends from the specifications, my free time etc.,..hope you understand, and if anybody is interested you can just write to me with some of the details (saddle shape etc.,..) and I can let you know.

Can't wait to see the finished build :thumbup:

Martin.F

by Martin.F

So after a LOT of trouble with r2-bike (I'm quite dissapointed actually), the rest of the parts are FINALLY here. I've bought a tool from Strobbekoen at this forum, so hopefully it will be complete very soon.

Chainrings

I wanted something light weight, something you don't see every day and something that's fairly durable. I went with the Carbon-ti integral chainring and a Hellore small ring. The big ring is titanium and mounts straight to the crankarm with no spider, and the small ring is mounted on the big chainring. Weight: 123g.

cerro

by cerro

What kind of problems with R2?

Martin.F

by Martin.F

With my first order (wheels, brakes, clamp, tires, rotors, bolts etc etc) they forgot to put in the tires. Honest mistake. I told them about the problem, and they promised them shipped within a couple of days. Never happened. After a month I placed the order for my chainrings. I asked first to check how long deliverytime as it said with "lieferzeit". They told me they was in stock already, and updated the web page. Good stuff.

So I went ahead and ordered, and after a week I asked if it was shipped. No it was not, but they would ship it the present day. They said that 4 days in a row before sending me an e-mail that 38T was not available and they could not get it anywhere. So I said to just ship me the 40T if they had it in stock, which they did and would. I also emphasized to include the two tires they forgot to ship. Now it took a week of working days before they shipped it, and how many tires did I get? 1. They included 1.

I'm at the point now that I don't even care wether I get the tire or not, I'll just buy it somewhere else. I know they are very busy, but this is still very mispleasing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com