Colnago Master 55 Anniversary - 6520 gr Pics on Pg13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@NiFTY

Thanks for the comment.

1. If you look carefully (especially visible at the front fork), I forego the Lightweight skewers (especially not on a frame with chrome plating). The skewers on this built are from Mavic Crossmax for MTB (with Ti rods), personally I think they're bullet proof with fantastic clamping force. Weighs approx 80gr for pair. I covered the Mavic yellow logos with black PVC tape.

2. Thanks for the suggestion, though my personal preference are still the Cateye Strada wireless. Apart from occasionally battery replacement, the Strada is maintenance free with a pretty decent size and display.

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Rico changed his underwear before the Obermeyer's. So what's left?
This bike saved my day.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

That bike needs to be seen in person to appreciate it...

May the watcher beware as he may need a dark set of sunglasses as the glare from the the sun hitting the shiny gold parts of that bike is unbearable and enough to make Mr T blush with envy....

Maverick... shame on you for taking that photo on an overcast day.... you need my wax, then go please retake and repost! :smartass:
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

irongatsby

by irongatsby

It must look really sweet when the bike is rolling and the gold spokes pass through the fork and stays. Beautiful Mav...

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@jimaizumi,
Lol..wax again??

@irongatsby,
Thanks for the comment. Any new update(s) on your Colnago?

Longcat

by Longcat

Hi Maverick_1,

I love to have this beautiful frame. So, please kindly advise where you did buy it (my size is same as yours).

Thanks,

Longcat

anquetil

by anquetil

Bravo for Obys!

Now you just need EPS. :mrgreen:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

NiFTY wrote:
2)If you changed to a garmin with outfront mount you could lose that ugly wheel speed sensor on your forks and just run gps.

The wheelset comes with its own embedded magnet. If you look carefully at the rims, you'll notice a "+ "mark right in the picts for the front wheel. You just have to align the speed sensor onto it.
There's no need for a separate spoke mounted sensor. :beerchug:

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@anquetil,
EPS on a Master :shock:
lol...

@maxxevv
I think what NiFTY meant was the speed sensor mounted on the fork, not the rims. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Garmin GPS, still preferring the good ol' traditional Cateye wireless speedometer :thumbup:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

If you read it again, I believe he was referring to using GPS to using a magnetic pickup speed sensor on the fork.

I'm referring using a wireless sensor without a need for a separate magnet on the newer Lightweight wheels as the magnet is already pre-embedded into the rim.
And that there's NO NEED for a GPS based speed sensor.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Minor update, replaced the Extralite OC to Hyperstem @ -12deg, now should I consider putting on MCFK's -17 deg :?:

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Yees! give a try to see how looks with more aligned with tt
oh, and imo this bottle cage looks a little strange compared to thin frame tubes. but this not affect the overall beauty. [emoji106]

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

KTCY

by KTCY

maverick_1 wrote:Minor update, replaced the Extralite OC to Hyperstem @ -12deg, now should I consider putting on MCFK's -17 deg :?:

Which veloflex you';re running ?

nice bike :thumbup:

spartan

by spartan

can you give us some feedback on the extra lite stem. stiffness? any slippage of the bars?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@danbjpa,
Cages are the original Elite Patao carbon, rather hard to find and I got those used just for this built. Was restored by Berk himself to "as new" condition :D

@KTCY,
Thanks, the Obies mounted with Veloflex Carbon

@spartan,
No bar slippage so far on the Extralite stems (had a few bikes with Extralites, zero issues). As long as you tighten it to a recommended torque and use a proper friction paste, there shouldn't be any problem I believe. As for the stiffness, no complains either!
*both my Extralite OC stems in 100mm had tolerance issues, it's more difficult than usual to get it onto the steerer as compared to other sizes, e.g 110mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com