The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Thanks Doolop. I appreciate your comments. I think the CAAD9 is a great frame after riding it for quite some time. Is it perfect? No. But it is solid. The CAAD10 sounds like it will be even better. I enjoyed my test ride, but those differences were more subtle. But I think after spending a week or two I would get a better grasp of it.

Btw, I didn't realize my thread was deleted and moved. Wonder why.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Anyone who had the CAAD9 and upgraded to CAAD10 regret selling your CAAD9?

choiboi

by choiboi

I've ridden both and to be honest they feel very similar. I find the caad10 a touch smoother, other than that I'm happy to own either.
David
[b]'10 CANNONDALE CAAD10

53x12

by 53x12

Anyone have weight on the CAAD10 Black Inc frame? Cannondale lists weight of the CAAD10 as 1150g. Is that based on the Black Inc frame version?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

I'm in the market for a used Caad10 or SystemSix if I can find one but am having a sizing dilemma. I am 5'6 and a half inches tall with normal length legs and a slightly long torso. I'm torn between a 50cm or 52cm frameset. I don't have a Cannondale dealer within 3 hours that has a Caad10 or Supersix in stock that I can spin around on and get 'sized'. Both (if I'm not misstaken) both have the same geo as the systemsix as well.

If anyone with similar dimensions would like to share what size they are on and how they like the fit it'd be appreciated. I am a collegiate and cat 2 road racer, I race primarily criteriums and flatter road races (I do like a little bit of a 'race' fit but prefer not to be jacked over the bike too much). I'm using my cross bike on the road at the moment, it's a Small Blue CXC (51cm) for what it's worth and I like the fit. I have owned a 48s Colnago C50, 51cm Cervelo R3 (both fit well, the Colnago was on the smaller side with a decent amount of stack which is a no no) Small Scott CR1 and 53cm Cannondale Six13 (both of which were a little on the big side but fit decently).

GT56

by GT56

what saddle height,and handlebar drop are you looking for ?

audiojan

by audiojan

So let me get this correct... you don't know if you fit a 50 or 52cm Cannondale CAAD10... Do you even know if either fits you at all?! There's nothing worse than racing on an ill-fitting bike.

I hear you that a 3 hr drive is a lot, but I see no other option than to make an appointment and suck it up.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Fiery

by Fiery

CamMancuso wrote:I'm in the market for a used Caad10 or SystemSix if I can find one but am having a sizing dilemma. I am 5'6 and a half inches tall with normal length legs and a slightly long torso. I'm torn between a 50cm or 52cm frameset. I don't have a Cannondale dealer within 3 hours that has a Caad10 or Supersix in stock that I can spin around on and get 'sized'. Both (if I'm not misstaken) both have the same geo as the systemsix as well.

If anyone with similar dimensions would like to share what size they are on and how they like the fit it'd be appreciated. I am a collegiate and cat 2 road racer, I race primarily criteriums and flatter road races (I do like a little bit of a 'race' fit but prefer not to be jacked over the bike too much). I'm using my cross bike on the road at the moment, it's a Small Blue CXC (51cm) for what it's worth and I like the fit.
I have owned a 48s Colnago C50, 51cm Cervelo R3 (both fit well, the Colnago was on the smaller side with a decent amount of stack which is a no no) Small Scott CR1 and 53cm Cannondale Six13 (both of which were a little on the big side but fit decently).

Well, there's your answer. If it was a pre-2008 Six13, the geometry was exactly the same as the SystemSix and CAAD10. If it was a 2008 Six13, then the geometry is almost exactly the same, with the only difference being a 14mm taller head tube - all other lengths and angles are the same.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

My CAAD9 before its final outing (a race with multiple gravel sections).

deek

by deek

53x12 wrote:Anyone have weight on the CAAD10 Black Inc frame? Cannondale lists weight of the CAAD10 as 1150g. Is that based on the Black Inc frame version?

My 54cm black ano frame was 1147g. Just the frame and RD hanger, no seat post clamp.

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

Fiery wrote:
CamMancuso wrote:I'm in the market for a used Caad10 or SystemSix if I can find one but am having a sizing dilemma. I am 5'6 and a half inches tall with normal length legs and a slightly long torso. I'm torn between a 50cm or 52cm frameset. I don't have a Cannondale dealer within 3 hours that has a Caad10 or Supersix in stock that I can spin around on and get 'sized'. Both (if I'm not misstaken) both have the same geo as the systemsix as well.

If anyone with similar dimensions would like to share what size they are on and how they like the fit it'd be appreciated. I am a collegiate and cat 2 road racer, I race primarily criteriums and flatter road races (I do like a little bit of a 'race' fit but prefer not to be jacked over the bike too much). I'm using my cross bike on the road at the moment, it's a Small Blue CXC (51cm) for what it's worth and I like the fit.
I have owned a 48s Colnago C50, 51cm Cervelo R3 (both fit well, the Colnago was on the smaller side with a decent amount of stack which is a no no) Small Scott CR1 and 53cm Cannondale Six13 (both of which were a little on the big side but fit decently).

Well, there's your answer. If it was a pre-2008 Six13, the geometry was exactly the same as the SystemSix and CAAD10. If it was a 2008 Six13, then the geometry is almost exactly the same, with the only difference being a 14mm taller head tube - all other lengths and angles are the same.

The Six13 was a 53cm though not a 52, so no matter it was larger. I just don't know go to 52cm system or caad10 or all the way down to a 50

Fiery

by Fiery

There is no Six13 in size 53 and there never was. Size 52 horizontal top tube measurement is 53.5mm so that could be the source of confusion.

Only you can make the decision whether or not to downsize, you absolutely should not let anyone on the Internet decide that for you. That said ( :mrgreen: ) here's some things you might want to take into consideration:

You already rode a Cannondale, it was " a little on the big side but fit decently" - what does this mean? Did you have to use a slammed 90mm stem to get your handlebar where it needs to be, or was the stand-over clearance a bit too low for your liking? Again, was the Six13 a pre-2008 model or not? You say you don't like a large spacer stack - the 50cm CAAD10 will have the head tube some 19mm shorter than the 52cm 2008 Six13, but only 5mm shorter than a pre-2008 model.

You say 51cm Cervélo R3 fit you well - they changed the geometry between seasons 2010 and 2011, extending the head tube. You can easily find geometry sheets for both versions and then compare stack and reach with the CAAD10 geometry. Checking casually, I see the CAAD10 is lower and longer than both versions of Cervélo, so you again have to decide what's the minimum stem length and the maximum spacer stack you're willing to work with.

53x12

by 53x12

deek wrote:
53x12 wrote:Anyone have weight on the CAAD10 Black Inc frame? Cannondale lists weight of the CAAD10 as 1150g. Is that based on the Black Inc frame version?

My 54cm black ano frame was 1147g. Just the frame and RD hanger, no seat post clamp.

Cheers, thanks for answering my question. :beerchug:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

http://web.archive.org/web/200701162353 ... /road.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the geo chart above, 2006 Six13 was offered in a 53cm as a frameset only which is how I purchased it. The 53 was slightly large (standover, seat tube..) The top tube was about right as I have a long reach, I had a 110 stem on there and just about slammed down

GT56

by GT56

CamMancuso wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/20070116235308/http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/road.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the geo chart above, 2006 Six13 was offered in a 53cm as a frameset only which is how I purchased it. The 53 was slightly large (standover, seat tube..) The top tube was about right as I have a long reach, I had a 110 stem on there and just about slammed down

again, what saddle height,and handlebar drop are you looking for ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com