The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

aftereffector

by aftereffector

53x12 wrote:"CAAD9 with the ENVE fork. It was my dream crit frame:"

It was? What happened to it?

I got engaged so I had to convert most of the components into part of a diamond solitaire. Oh well, I still have the pictures!

nathanong87 wrote:
aftereffector wrote:CAAD9 with the ENVE fork. It was my dream crit frame:

how have your crit results been?

Spotty through no fault of the bike. I'm a terrible crit rider but we all start somewhere! Time trials are more my strength but there are not very many of those to pick from.

ednino

by ednino

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

aftereffector wrote:
I got engaged so I had to convert most of the components into part of a diamond solitaire. Oh well, I still have the pictures!.

Booo. Sorry to hear that mate, but I guess you had to do what you had to do. Hopefully one day you can build a new one up when the funds allow (and lady).
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Zitter

by Zitter

race setup

saddle is level, just the angle

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

twice dented top tube zitter?

trychle

by trychle

No Nathan, it's just a scratch ;)

53x12

by 53x12

Better a CAAD than an Evo in that situation.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Zitter

by Zitter

battle scars. the reason i stayed aluminum (i mainly race crits outside of collegiate). no carbon bikes for me until i get a team bike. there's a lot more less obvious damage but no cracks so it's still completely fine

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

@Zitter Seen that thing in the flesh. Never got a chance to take a detailed look. That's gotta come in around 15 lbs in race trim. Got an official weight?

Zitter

by Zitter

no official weight yet but it's at ~16 pounds according to the bathroom scale. can easily drop some weight but I've been racing and riding too much lately to bother. ill probably drop weight during the offseason. cut seatpost, new fd/rd, brakes, maybe bars and stem. the switch from the turbomatic to the slr was very nice

rgnoval

by rgnoval

Good day everyone! I need suggestions on my 2013 cannondale caad8 105 all stock except for token c22a wheelset.. current weight 8.4 - 8.5kg.. what should I upgrade first to shave a little weight? I plan to upgrade the groupset last.. thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

12x23

by 12x23

Zitter wrote:race setup

saddle is level, just the angle

Looks PRO. Wish I could find that color scheme new in a 58. :!:

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Long story short I have a BBQ CAAD 9 frame that I have been riding for ~ 3 years now. I love it. Great frame and I'm proud to have one of the last that has the 'Handmade in USA' decals on it. However, as with most of you new and shiny things get my attention. LBS has some great deals on 2013 stock. I am eyeing a great deal on a CAAD 10 Black Inc for ~$2500 plus tax. Seems like a screaming deal on a great bike. I would probably sell off the stock wheels as well as the FSA crank as I have a Hallowgram crank on my 9. Would help me drop the price down some more.

I have a few thoughts in my head that made me walk away from the shop and told them I needed to sleep on it. While I think Di2 is a cool idea, I don't have much saddle time on it. Have taken a few rides around the block on another Di2 frame but never spent hours on one day in-day out for a long enough time to get a good idea of how I would like it. I can appreciate the FD shifts plus how quiet everything is. Precise shifts every time. However, I would say my mechanical group bikes have performed the same way when they were in top running order. Obviously with Di2 I wouldn't need to worry about tuneups as often nor cable stretch. However, it comes with its own issues I assume. Especially with electronics these days. While they make life easier, they can also go spastic and give you a headache when not working right. For me, it is much easier to solve what is going on with a mechanical group not working properly vs. same thing happening on a Di2 group.

Second, I'm not sure what I would end up doing with my CAAD 9. I love that frame. Just something special about it, however not sure I can add another bike to the stable without selling a bike. The CAAD 9 would be the one on the chopping block unfortunately.

I took a mechanical 10 out for a test ride (no Di2 in stock) and enjoyed it. But didn't notice a real difference between it and my 9. But one again, I would need several days with long rides to be able to get to that point. A short test ride doesn't really make those small differences noticeable. Especially since the CAAD 9 is such a solid bike to begin with.

Give me some advice guys. I am in no hurry or real need for a new bike. More just the eye candy tempting me. My CAAD 9 is still going strong and hasn't let me down yet. Is it worth 'sacrificing' it for a CAAD 10?

shimmeD

by shimmeD

NO! Fight back against consumerism.
Less is more.

Doolop

by Doolop

Owned both frames, loved the caad9. The caad10 is better in just about every way in my opinion. Much more front end stiffness makes it climb better. No more harsh to ride and tracks better. It would be an easy call for me to make after riding both of them for a while.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com