Colnago m10 (update madfiber, THM, AX, 13.2 lb)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Hey everyone this is my first WW build and it is still constantly evolving. Right now its at 13.2 lbs. (5,987g) with a target goal of 5,851g or 12.9lbs. I got the frame with no intention of building a WW bike but I like the way the frame rides so much that it turned into one. Its by no means a light frame and I wanted to connivence of clinchers. Also I weigh my bike with pedals, 1 bottle cage and my seat bag mount. Cant ride with out them.

Frame/fork: Colnago m10 team type 1 edition
Wheels: lightweight clinchers
Skewers: Lightweight
Tires: Continental GP supersonic
Handlebar: new ultimate evo 42cm
Bar tape: Lizard skin
Stem: Q2 ultalight 110mm
Seat post: ax lightness
Seat: Dash cycles
Seat clamp: rav-x ultra light
Shifters: Dura-ace 7900
Front derail: 7900 tuned with aluminum and TI bolts
Rear Derail: 7900 tuned with aluminum and TI bolts and custom inner and outer cages-soon to come kcnc pulley bolts
crank: THM clavicula with rotor q rings
Brakes: AX lightness 3000
Chain: 7900 Dura-ace
Cassette: 11-23 7900 soon to be aluminum cassette
Pedals: dura-ace 7900
Bottle cages: tune

UPDATED PICS ON PAGE 2
Last edited by kevosinn on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

gg333

by gg333

wow, real nice clean looking bike. Not a bad weight either, plenty more opportunity to trim it down some more. Could we have a build list please.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Build list is in the first post. I haven't individually put each part on a scale though.

onefour02

by onefour02

I love the color too, that's why I have one in the same color!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Nice. So what are your next plans to continue to lighten the bike after the claviculas and the other little bits?
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Very nice and love the paint!

JWolf

by JWolf

Very nice. How are the brakes compared to others you have ridden. The THM Carbon do not perform nearly as well as SR or DA brakes. Wondering Bout the AX.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

@ pete After the cranks, seat post and few other small things I think that is about as far as i want to take this one. I am working on a dura ace RD to remove as much material as possible. Ive gotten the cages down very low and the body of the RD is next. My next project is going to be a Zero.7 that im shooting to get in the 12 lb range with clinchers.

@ Jwolf The braking power is way down from my 7900 DA calipers. I had a pair of the REVL brakes and they worked almost as good as the dura ace brakes but they are around 230 grams with holders so not to light. The next brake im going to try are the EE. From everything I hear they are the best balance between power and weight but I like to try everything for myself and draw my own conclusion so ill report back on this one. If your going for ultimate lightweight though the AX are honestly mind blowing. Mine weighed in at 107 grams with holders and no pads, and 95 grams for bare calipers.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Going to pick up my new ultimate bars and some I link housing :) Also some parts are coming in the mail today so it should get me in the 13lb range!!!

by 103

Very nice! Well done sir.

MarkW91

by MarkW91

Nice bike, do you ride by Team Type 1?

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Ok so I didn't get the bars because they didn't have my size in stock :( But I did receive the extra light fork expander, fibre lyte top cap, used a TI bolt with the cap, got the kcnc pulley wheel bolts and a barel adjuster today that knocked another 56 grams off the bike! The good news is that the shop got my THM crank in!!! WOW its beautiful. Going to put the 52/36 rotor Q rings on it and bam save some serious weight!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

manne

by manne

Yummy!

How do you like those brakes?