Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

+1

Me thinks as well, it is time to chill the f%ck out
This IS an uber build. end of

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Fuchspk wrote:like i said it is an absolutly light bike and i never said something against this but to call it an über, you would not take 30g paint on the frame, a heavy fork and so on.

i do not mean to build a stupid bike which does not fit because of an "too short " frame or so.

Since when is a THM Scapula SP a heavy fork? :noidea: it's the ultimate WW fork, as it's super stiff, safe and very light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I cant wait!

BunnV

by BunnV

CarlTroy wrote:+1

Me thinks as well, it is time to chill the f%ck out
This IS an uber build. end of

Absolutely!!!

This build is amazing to me! My bike weighs 11.8 pounds....oh yeah, it has no drivetrain on it yet!
I'm hoping my finished build will be under 15 pounds, and the OP's will be EIGHT!!!! Uber is an understatement in my opinion. :shock:

voodoojar

by voodoojar

HillRPete

by HillRPete

"uber" or "über" is just a preposition, it does mean exactly zilch on its own.

What what were we discussing again? Oh yeah the bike. Can't wait Gum, that's going to be totally uber!

artray

by artray

gumgardner wrote:
Fuchspk wrote:You could always tune the lightweights ;)

Obermayer with carbon axels,ceramic bearings and a little job on the body will take them down a lot and they are still stiffer than the enve.

About the über ww build. It is not an über. It is just an expensive regular ww bike. A nice one for sure but there is almost no part which is really tuned to the max.

Which makes it all the more impressive, given its weight :wink:

Find me a uber light bike that doesn't have Schmolke parts, THM, AX-Lightness, Tune or Lightweights (although not all that Lightweight). I could tune the sh*t out of every component and drop a few grams or I could keep it as is and have an "everyday" 8lb bike. No disrespect to those other builds, but I won't be using downtube shifters, single speed cassettes, a handlebar that is cut to eliminate the drops without bar tape or *gasp* Tufos (light but crap so I won't do it). The wheels are rather heavy for a bike like this...I could easily go lower. Everything on this build will be standard stuff. I also will be using a frame that is designed for me and not strictly designed to cut weight. I could have gone with a very short head tube or smaller frame and saved ALOT of weight. A funky angled stem to compensate is much lighter than additional frame dimensions. My seatpost is straight with no setback. I could have used a shorter toptube with a setback as well. So if you stop for a minute, relax and look at the big picture you'll accept that this is an uber-weenie build, but if you don't...what do I care :mrgreen:

Well said. I can't understand the negativity on this site. This is going to be one mutha funking bike.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Lol thanks guys. I'll get more pics and info as soon as I can. :beerchug:

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

do not take me wrong please, i never said somethink bad against the bike!
theses are real nice parts and some of them i would ride by myself as well. the discussion was just about that word ;)

but lets end with this as it leads nowhere....

what is the next part to be shown?

natiedean24

by natiedean24

WW drinking game! Down one drink for every occurrence of the word 'über'.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

No offense taken. I have pics of each component on a scale, but I wasnt going to show them because most of you know what these parts look like. Maybe I'll show some of the tuned RED stuff.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

gumgardner wrote:Lol thanks guys. I'll get more pics and info as soon as I can. :beerchug:

Maybe we can get this thread to 18 pages like your thread for your Rue :wink: :mrgreen: :beerchug:

djconnel

by djconnel

So is Crumpton now the weight weenie money-is-no-object frame of choice, at least in the US?

Very nice project!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Not that I want him too and I probably shouldn't be saying this :mrgreen: but Nick could be charging a lot more for this frame than he is, considering what the Cervelo California, cannondale and those other weenie frames are going for. This is a handmade masterpiece by the best in the business. I'm not going to go into prices, but it's not as much as you think or could be. I'm just very grateful he agreed to build me one.

On a side note, I got the Ruegamer back tonight, so I'll take some pics tomorrow after work. Stay tuned :wink:

jsinclair

by jsinclair

the whole thing sounds pretty über to me.

keep up the good work!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com