My new build CAAD10 - UPDATED

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Updated for completed pics in the OP.......not been completely fitted yet, may go to a Doric Pro seat as I don't know if the setback is necessary.

Hope y'all like it! :beerchug:

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Apart from being upside down looks good.

Weight.

How do you like the wheels?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

wasabi1 wrote:Apart from being upside down looks good.

Weight.

How do you like the wheels?

Think I fixed the photo orientation......been using dropbox to host and that has been a recurring issue, but switched to G+. Hopefully that'll sort that!

Need to get a new scale as I lost my last one.......I would guess it is in the 17# range with the porky Open Pro/GatorHardshell set-up. That would put me (hopefully) in the 15's with the A23's. Haven't done any weight reduction yet on this build, hope to start that once fit gets sorted and parts selection is complete. At that point want to tune some on the drivetrain, cut the seatpost, slam the stem and the like.

I love the Open Pro's for training.....they are very nice for the gravel/dirt I have been riding training for Rouge Roubaix.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Looks like a great bike... but we would appreciate better, higher definition pictures! :wink:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Powerful Pete wrote:Looks like a great bike... but we would appreciate better, higher definition pictures! :wink:

Will try to get a better pic hosting solution.....thanks! Will have the A23's on for the next pics so look forward to that as well!

crohnsy

by crohnsy

btompkins0112 wrote:
Powerful Pete wrote:Looks like a great bike... but we would appreciate better, higher definition pictures! :wink:

Will try to get a better pic hosting solution.....thanks! Will have the A23's on for the next pics so look forward to that as well!

http://imgur.com/ is excellent for hosting.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Well that was more difficult than it ought to have been......anyways, settled on Flickr. Seems to be working swimmingly now......I will update with some more pictures tonight with the A23's mounted.

:beerchug:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Updated pics in the OP with the Velocity's..... :up:

Getter

by Getter

Nice build! You got some mad reach going on. :mrgreen:

All you need now are some deep wheels to finish things off...

irf3

by irf3

Hi,

I think those velocities look great, how do you like them? I'm thinking about a set for myself.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

irf3 wrote:Hi,

I think those velocities look great, how do you like them? I'm thinking about a set for myself.

So far, very nice! They feel very stiff, which is what I wanted......I like the 23mm size as I can definitely feel the difference in ride quality and cornering. Sufficiently light without being delicate. Will be racing them for the first time this weekend, and they will be shod with a new set of Continental Attack/Force tires so I will post a report of how they fair in a crit....

You could definitely build a set for yourself that is comparable for less money, but I figured that $500 was a pretty good deal for the A23's, Sapim cx-rays and decent hubs.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

New pics in the OP! Some updates to the build list.......

:beerchug: