Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

papiblez

by papiblez

kgt wrote:What size is it?

It's a medium which I believe is a 54.

Marzz

by Marzz

I've got a Speccy Romin with the perfect amount of red accents to beautifully match your bike :)
S-Works Venge

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

How is your old S-Works SL3 compared to this?

Also, since it's the first Zero7 in this forum you may upload it here: :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56269&hilit=wilier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

playride

by playride

Ahhh... Zero 7, you re such a lucky guy! I was dreaming bout this frame few nights back and now here it is in WW..
I like what you did to the bike.. im sure this can go lighter as time goes by.

BunnV

by BunnV

I think your bike looks great, including the saddle. Do people not like it because it says "Specialized" on it? :noidea:

papiblez

by papiblez

kgt wrote:How is your old S-Works SL3 compared to this?

Also, since it's the first Zero7 in this forum you may upload it here: :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56269&hilit=wilier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, I'm not a Specialized hater by any means, but it really isn't any comparison. The first time I took the Zero.7 out for a ride on my regular route, I went faster than I'd ever done it on my SL3 with basically the same components. I averaged almost a full MPH faster. Now you can chalk that up to having a favorable wind that day or whatever but I've since had my second, third, fourth and fifth fastest rides all on the Zero.7. And this is a flat route essentially. The BB is so incredibly stiff that you feel like every ounce of power you put into the pedals and cranks is not wasted. Maybe that's marketing speak that got into my head, but it truly just kills. And climbing on this bike? I'm not the best climber in the world as I'm 180 pounds but the bike just jumps up hills.

The other thing is it is incredibly comfortable. I imagine something so stiff would not be comfortable but it's insane. I'm doing a century in March so I'll definitely report back then but for 2-3 hours rides, it's been a dream.

mycool77

by mycool77

I had the same problem for my Pina. I tried a Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio and a Fizik Antares oo, both didn't do it for me. From my previous bike I knew that I really
fitted a Spesh Toupe well, so I bought the S-works Toupe Carbon and "de-badged" it using acetone. Risky I know but the result was thankfully worth it.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok. That's nice.

iscarrr

by iscarrr

Beautiful bike. Very jealous! Is the seatpost a Ritchey Superlogic but with Wilier logos on it? I'm probably wrong, just thought it looked similar.

papiblez

by papiblez

iscarrr wrote:Beautiful bike. Very jealous! Is the seatpost a Ritchey Superlogic but with Wilier logos on it? I'm probably wrong, just thought it looked similar.

It is a Ritchey. My old PRO vibe carbon seatpost wouldn't fit so I got the seat post that comes with the full Zero.7 frame. Not sure if it's a superlogic but it's a quality post.

kgt

by kgt

papiblez wrote:Honestly, I'm not a Specialized hater by any means, but it really isn't any comparison. The first time I took the Zero.7 out for a ride on my regular route, I went faster than I'd ever done it on my SL3 with basically the same components. I averaged almost a full MPH faster. The BB is so incredibly stiff that you feel like every ounce of power you put into the pedals and cranks is not wasted. And climbing on this bike? I'm not the best climber in the world as I'm 180 pounds but the bike just jumps up hills. The other thing is it is incredibly comfortable. I imagine something so stiff would not be comfortable but it's insane.

Thanks for the feedback. If it's noticeably better than your SL3 then it must be really amazing!