[Road] How old is every one here?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mme.Chauchat

by Mme.Chauchat

I ´m 37 and musician. This year I am working as a music teacher at a public school. (much more money, but less fun). I live in Munich and Berlin.I changed 2 years ago from Mountainbike to Roadbike. Should have done this earlier.

kite flyer

by kite flyer

I'm 37 and living in cold and damp Essex, UK. I've been riding since 19 but do not race. I enjoy the solitude of cycling - just me and my machine against the road.

I have a passion for lightweight road bikes, however I don't have the money to truely indulge in this most wallet emptying of sports / hobbies.

Great fun all the same :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

I'm a 20 year old student from Nieuw-Vennep, Holland. Speed skating is my #1 sport. I do cycling as a training for speed skating. I'm interested in light bikes & parts, but my bike is not so light (probably 8,5 kg or so). I live in one of the most flat parts of holland (the nearest 30 meters high hill is 20 km away from here) so a really light bike wouldn't make much sense. Maybe later......
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

polaris

by polaris

Well I'm a 27 year old property analyst in London - not the best place to MTB I can tell you.

Definitely a fan of lightweight parts but not sure I take it as far as some, ie I don't remove components to save weight if I think it will negatively affect the performance of my bike.

Also got a singlespeed.
.....but it still has to work!

ras11

by ras11

I'm 27, synthetic polymer scientist.. from good US of A. I don't smoke crack and don't own a gun.

Moving to Raleigh area of NC soon, look me up if you're in the area.
:-) Toys-R-Us

Stewski

by Stewski

35 years young from the UK

CyclingBeast

by CyclingBeast

20 years old student informatics, should graduate in june.
I race in the U23 cat, my goal is to win races again (its been 2 years :( ) and get myself a pro contract within the next two years.

I'm not a super-weight weenie, but I want a bike that gives the best performance, and most times those bikes are pretty light.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

I'm 14, 1 month, and 11 days.

I have been racing National Level since i was 11 :D

My new BIANCHI XL Tycoon 5000 - Reparto Corse :D (The total bike weight is 8843gm's).
Last edited by danielgillett on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB

by KB

51. Living in the UK but working in deepest darkest Africa. Never thought that German and American companies would make such sexy bike parts. They probably never would if MTB, Tri and Jan Ullrich hadn't have happened. Long live progress!!!

norcal

by norcal

I'm forty, soon 41. Back into riding after a ten year lapse. Getting faster every day, which is exciting. But it takes so long to build a good base of speed and endurance. Back at it for about 9 months now, with a couple thousand miles under my belt. I've started riding rain or shine, and shoot for 100 miles a week or more. I have the benifit of not having to deal with sub freezing temps. I'm in wine sales, at this point on the wholesale side. :lol:
If i could only be riding now

nikh

by nikh

27 going on 17 yr old Englishman living in Texas for the past 2 years.

Some crap photos from a disposable camera from 98/99 sometime, cycling in North Wales, Coed-y-brenin and yes it was cold and wet!! Pics here

Superlite

by Superlite

20 years old. Getting my degree in mechanical engineering. Hoping to one day to go pro, and then retire and start my own bicycle parts company.

Yeah! Next week first race of my season!

cadence90

by cadence90

45, architect/photographer from Italy and US.

My first real bicycle was a lacquered blood-orange Olympia; rode all over Veneto Lombardia 30 years ago. In my mind, I still see and love that color....

Superlite did you grow one year since you posted this question? :)
Attachments
kish_ti_01.jpg
Last edited by cadence90 on Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, had a B-day last month, just realized exactly last month, on th 20th.

cadence90

by cadence90

Hey, Happy Birthday.
I know you elicit a lot of emotion sometimes, but you got a lot of passion and definitely keep this place lively and informed. :)
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com