Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

VPR

by VPR

It might be tricky to fit a 110 BCD TT chainring on that P2M spider.

Krull

by Krull

yes, but it works-you have to file a small section of the chainring-there is an instruction on the p2max-homepage!
@dalai: yes, thanks for the advice-before buying the 110-crankset, i made shure that there is an appropriate 54-aero-chainring. stronglight is the one i am looking forward to purchase. ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

chain looks a bit long on that BMC

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Its a TT bike; it shouldn't even see the inner ring :wink:

I'm more interested in the saddle Krull,what is it? Looks like its on backwards :lol:
Official cafe stop tester

BmanX

by BmanX

Buy a set of Fibre-Lyte aero rings for the inner and outer. They are so strong when solid and do not weigh much at all. Even better yet, if you can remove the spider and send it too them they will make you custom aero rings for your cranks and they will be an exact fit.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Krull

by Krull

@jekyll man: saddle is a dash stage 9
@BmanX: Those chainrings look amazing! Thanks for recommendation! Look expensive, hope i can make them plausible to my wife! ;-)

yes, actually, chain should be shortened. but on this bike, inner ring is used seldom if ever.

BmanX

by BmanX

I learned a long time ago to buy everything in black and have it shipped to work so that it just shows up on the bike in black and no one every notices.I was adding black bikes to the equation and she never noticed. Was hard when it got up to 10 bikes however.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

bmc time machine is just about the best name for any bike.

SkippiTT

by SkippiTT

First time poster. The bike will get it's own thread because it'll be a longterm project, but for now I wanted to show it here!

It's another BMC TimeMachine, bog standard TM02, with some upgrades: handlebars upgraded to PRO Missile EVO, wheels are FLO 90+Disc, brake levers 3T's and saddle is an Adamo Prologue. Had a Tririg Omega on it, but for me the braking wasn't good enough.. It looked pretty though..
Unfortunately the pictures show it as it was half way last season, right before I figured out the seat was too high..

And me on it during my last race of the season, after I dropped the saddle a whopping 5cm..! Weight like shown is 8.9kg/19.6lbs

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Great position!

And do like that scheme too.

renoracing

by renoracing

After competing in several stage races last season and getting whooped up on in the TT's on my road bike I knew that I could justify a budget build before this season's stage races... So here she is. I already had the wheelset and cassette. Everything else was pieced together with price in mind, but durability and comfort also. Thanks to some closeouts on the drivetrain, and getting the Zipp components at cost, I was able to build the entire bike up for $1045, frame set included!!!
It's a several year old Guru Magis that had been built up but never ridden, and looks pristine.
I was pleasantly surprised with the weight of 8.21kg(18.1lbs) as shown. Have added a bottle cage and some grips to the extension since the photos. Need to get a lower stem and cut the steer tube once I'm confident in the fit.

Krull

by Krull

wow, really good price for a beautiful tt-bike. especially the frameset looks extremely lovely.
if you invest in an appropriate wheelset and find the optimum-position, you will be as fast as with any tt-bike, including much more-expensive-ones. :thumbup:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Time machine and guru look awesome!

stang1

by stang1

1st Time Trial Bike. Paired with DA9000 Stages.

cerro

by cerro

What is the thing on the top tube? That bike would be perfect a matching Campagnolo groupset :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com