by nathanong87

where'd you find that picture of me ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jev

by Jev

My tt bike, taken last Sat morning after an easy maintenance ride...

2013 Argon18 E118 - DA9150 Di2 - Corima Up S & Disc
2013 Cervelo S5 - DA9000 - Madfiber
2019 Specialized Sworks Venge DQS - DA9150 Di2 - Zipp 404NSW

junchen

by junchen

Those hed bars looked the business. :thumbsup

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Good to hear the appetite for speed is back. That Blue looks like the goods, be sure to post a pic complete with wheels.
Ride it like you stole it

wingguy

by wingguy

Grill wrote:5. Optimising your position in order to drop your CdA will make you faster. Ask anyone who has had an AeroCoach, Ero, Drag2Zero, etc. session.

Sorry to drag this back up but I have to say - not 'anyone'. I once did a refit for a guy who'd had a Drag2Zero setup - after persevering with it for 6 months he still couldn't ride more than 5 miles in the position they'd given him and his times were down over every distance. As well as the considerable fitting costs he ended up having to sell the too big P5 and custom aero bar he'd bought as a result of his D2Z fitting session.

So even a windtunnel is not a magic bullet.

Grill

by Grill

wingguy wrote:
Grill wrote:5. Optimising your position in order to drop your CdA will make you faster. Ask anyone who has had an AeroCoach, Ero, Drag2Zero, etc. session.

Sorry to drag this back up but I have to say - not 'anyone'. I once did a refit for a guy who'd had a Drag2Zero setup - after persevering with it for 6 months he still couldn't ride more than 5 miles in the position they'd given him and his times were down over every distance. As well as the considerable fitting costs he ended up having to sell the too big P5 and custom aero bar he'd bought as a result of his D2Z fitting session.

Should have gone to AeroCoach where he could have validated the feasibility of the position. He should also realise, or should have at least been warned, that in many cases there is a tradeoff in power production for a more aero position and you need to evaluate accordingly. Testing depends as much on feedback as it does on input.

wingguy

by wingguy

Grill wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Should have gone to AeroCoach where he could have validated the feasibility of the position. He should also realise, or should have at least been warned, that in many cases there is a tradeoff in power production for a more aero position and you need to evaluate accordingly. Testing depends as much on feedback as it does on input.

So in essence, you are agreeing that optimising your position to drop your CdA will not always make you faster, and that not everyone who has had an Aerocoach, Ero, Drag2Zero etc. session will be better off, right?

Grill

by Grill

wingguy wrote:
Grill wrote:
wingguy wrote:

So in essence, you are agreeing that optimising your position to drop your CdA will not always make you faster, and that not everyone who has had an Aerocoach, Ero, Drag2Zero etc. session will be better off, right?

There are always gains to be found, but they all require validation. Even knowing you have the fastest position possible, which is incredibly unlikely, is worth the price of admission.

prebsy

by prebsy

Looking to improve on some good stage race results from last year I picked up a NOS Stevens Volt on the cheap. I had some parts lying around so the whole thing only ended up costing $675 and it rides like a dream.ImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What a budget build.

And nice to have a P2M lying around!

prebsy

by prebsy

Well the P2M follows me to every bike, hence the CX rings and mtb pedals lol.

Andres

by Andres

Grill wrote:
Stoo wrote:
Grill wrote:Image

This bike 6+ years later. :no1:

petereps

by petereps

Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap cockpit setup? I've been looking for used aero bars but picking is slim. Is the zipp vuka aluminum bars my best bet or are there better options for similar prices? Thanks!

Timujin

by Timujin

petereps wrote:Anyone have any suggestions for a cheap cockpit setup? I've been looking for used aero bars but picking is slim. Is the zipp vuka aluminum bars my best bet or are there better options for similar prices? Thanks!

you in uk??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com