My Cervelo R3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Great build! I will agree with the earlier comment that this is the best Cervelo paint scheme of all time! I fell in love with this particular model and had to have one. I ended up with the RS - the original R3 will always have a special place with me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drmutley

by drmutley

Great mod with the cateye buttons.... is it fair to say then any momentary (2-wire) button type can be added to perform the climbing button function? would be awesome to find some microbuttons so they are nice and small and near invisible on the bar...

goodboyr

by goodboyr

drmutley wrote:Great mod with the cateye buttons.... is it fair to say then any momentary (2-wire) button type can be added to perform the climbing button function? would be awesome to find some microbuttons so they are nice and small and near invisible on the bar...

Yes. Any momentary 2 wire buttons will work.

nga

by nga

Can you comment more on that hole below the top end of the down tube? Did you just drill it through that aluminium bolt that holds both cables? Is that safe?

goodboyr

by goodboyr

The down tube cable stops are a one piece aluminum part that is bonded to the carbon. I used a high speed drill with a tape marking drill depth. I drilled through the middle of the aluminum between the two stops. Just be careful with depth. It goes through very quickly and if you are not careful you will drill right through the other side!
Been using this bike (its my bad weather ride) ever since. Rock solid, no issues.