Trek 5200 refinish.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Definitely. My sister's bf has been slacking on the decal delivery. Hopefully I will get them soon.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Weighed this pig the other day. With the Spinergy clinchers, and a heavy 200g+ saddle 15.8lbs. Not bad for a bike that was 19.8lbs new, and with parts that are all mostly hand me downs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djay001

by djay001

can you get better pictures of your bike finished?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

djay001 wrote:can you get better pictures of your bike finished?

Yep, waiting on my Berk combo for my other bike to come in, and then putting my SLR off my S2 on this. Then I will take new pics. I currently have a really heavy, and ugly saddle on it.

BmanX

by BmanX

What does this bike come in at now. I like the second bike.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:What does this bike come in at now. I like the second bike.

I have not weighed it yet. It was 15.8lbs with the old 200+g saddle, and Spinergy clinchers. I'd say it's a solid 14.5lbs with the 404's. Not sure about these Eastons. I have not weighed them yet. I got them real cheap. Should be good crit race wheels. :)

jdp211

by jdp211

Crit monster

zipp404yuki

by zipp404yuki

ProfessorChaos wrote:You guys are forgetting this is my beater bike. I'm not buying anything new for it. My main bike gets new parts, and they trickle down to this. Speaking of which an SLR Kit Carbonio is soon going to be making it's way on here from my S2. Those cages are actually surprisingly strong, and only 15g each since I tuned them down. They hold Camelbak bottles really well. You can't really tell, but the red actually looks quite good. I have lots of little red bolts on my derailleurs, and I have some coming for the small cable adjuster mounts on the down tube. I feel it needs a little bit of color to break it up a bit. This pic is from my other bike, but I have all the same bolts in my Trek, you just can't tell from the pic.

What's this pully? Is it lighter than other aluminum one? I'm looking for light and well-spin pulley.

Thanks in advance.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

zipp404yuki wrote:
What's this pully? Is it lighter than other aluminum one? I'm looking for light and well-spin pulley.

Thanks in advance.

The pulley is just stock Red there. I have newer carbon pulleys on now. I got them from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/carbon-pulleys- ... 2c64aeeb5b

zipp404yuki

by zipp404yuki

ProfessorChaos wrote:
The pulley is just stock Red there. I have newer carbon pulleys on now. I got them from this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/carbon-pulleys- ... 2c64aeeb5b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your reply.
I have that carbon pulleys but it's quite noisier than stock one or other plastic one, this is why I'm looking for other pulley.

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

Looks awesome. You got me searching the local classifieds for a 5200 now :)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

2002maniac wrote:Looks awesome. You got me searching the local classifieds for a 5200 now :)

haha. Good luck, you can get them with beat up paint pretty reasonable on ebay. :)

zipp404yuki wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I have that carbon pulleys but it's quite noisier than stock one or other plastic one, this is why I'm looking for other pulley.

That's weird I noticed a little bit more noise, but not much. I have a Red cassette, and that is noisier than most. Those noises don't bother me too much. Creaks, however drive me crazy.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Here he is with a few of his friends. Long hard day on the Trekster today. Raced a crit in the morning, then rode a hilly 70mile ride. It was a good day!

dcj9

by dcj9

mission accomplished. thanks for posting better pictures.
really handsome renovation - congrats :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com