2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I might just send my post to that same guy if he can not find one and get him to make a mold of the aero post. YES BABY
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I might just send my post to that same guy if he can not find one and get him to make a mold of the aero post. YES BABY

They pop up on Ebay from time to time. There is a large one on there now. I am watching it if this other deal falls through. You can also buy them new from Excel for $150.

It's funny how things snowball. I want a new saddle for my Trek, but the Trek never gets new parts, so it snowballed into taking the SLR off the S2, installing on the Trek and going ahead, and forging forward on this one piece post saddle idea.

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure said he would look into seeing if he could borrow or find a post locally and said he would look into making a mold for the post. If he can not find one locally I will just FED EX him mine to use.

So it looks like he has three choices. Find one locally, send mine or you get one and send it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Jure said he would look into seeing if he could borrow or find a post locally and said he would look into making a mold for the post. If he can not find one locally I will just FED EX him mine to use.

So it looks like he has three choices. Find one locally, send mine or you get one and send it.

Sweet. I am definitely down to do this too. I am excited. Lets do this!

BmanX

by BmanX

I am in because I need to save a bit of weight when i add the Omega's
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I am in because I need to save a bit of weight when i add the Omega's

Me too. Any news on the Omegas? I've been wondering how they are coming a long. Also if they are real heavy we could always tune them down. Change bolts out, or even send it out to Jure, and him makes carbon parts for them. I really want a sub 13lbs ultra aero bike.

BmanX

by BmanX

I think they were going to be 139g each so not light and I feel that there will not be much room to tune.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I think they were going to be 139g each so not light and I feel that there will not be much room to tune.

That it is a defeatist attitude. This is WW, we can tune anything down to nearly nothing here.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I guess Jure could make carbon front ends, and bolt tuning but they are designed light already as Nick is a bit of a weight weenie as well. We will see.

I need to go through the garage and start selling off a bunch of stuff so that I can get a couple of pairs of the Omega's as every road bike I have will be getting at least one.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I just saw part 5 of the Omega saga just now. Pretty cool. Yeah the front plate appears to just be for looks. A carbon one, maybe even dimpled perhaps would be the ticket. Also, my do those brakes ever look sexy how they fit so close to the frame. I see it happening already. KCNC goes to the Trek, Omega goes onto the Cervelo, then I'll be left with another set of extra brakes. I guess I'll have to build another bike for them.

BmanX

by BmanX

Yes that is how it happens. I have the T726R's that will be left over and could go on my Giant TCR spare frame along with some extra wheels I will have after I pick up my China 50mm wheels soon and I have some basebars and levers I can use so then I just need a spare crank and I will set it up as a single speed city bike. Would rather get rid of the frame but in all honest, I love this frame since it is aluminum and only 1074g. Well I guess I need a saddle as well. Add some flat pedals and a sub 14lbs single speed.

It is a condition that we have but I accept it.

You could put the Omega just on the front and keep the KCNC on the rear to save 50+ grams.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

I see the post that you were talking about and I would love to pick that up but he will not ship to Canada. BUGGER
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I see the post that you were talking about and I would love to pick that up but he will not ship to Canada. BUGGER

You can always buy it and ship it to me, and I'll ship both of them to Jure. I just scored one picking it up tomorrow or Sunday, so that one is all yours. I won't be bidding against you. haha. Then we can just split the shipping for the two posts to Slovenia. Let me know if you want to do it. The one I have coming is a two position post, but no biggie since I am chopping the head off.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

I also own a Cervelo s2, and this bike is an inspiration. Just what I'm looking for in a road bike as well, so I'm looking towards yours to buy parts of my own. It's like you do the research for me. So I got the same frame and wheels as you do, and have really concidered the Zipp bars. They look bad-ass!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!
Just read a bit this topic, and yes, it would be sure possible to make it :thumbup: . It would only take me some time to make it, and of course I first need to get a seatpost. Wanted to get one here in Slovenia, but probably won't get it, so I would need one from you,.. Then I can make a mould, or just use it for the combo..anyway, sure a very interesting "aero-combo" project!