2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Getter

by Getter

Make sure that Tri Rig brake is returnable. Now that I tried that Egg brake...not sure about the clamping force of the aero brakes anymore. I would die if I was to use that Egg brake in a crit...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Getter wrote:Make sure that Tri Rig brake is returnable. Now that I tried that Egg brake...not sure about the clamping force of the aero brakes anymore. I would die if I was to use that Egg brake in a crit...

BMANX is shipping 4 sets to my house. I am hoping he lets me try one out, before I repackage them and send them up to him in Canadaland. He got in on the pre-order so they should be arriving any day now. They wanted a ton to ship 4 sets to him up north. So I offered to help him out.

Also I am doing a small change to the S2. I flatted the rear tubie again so I ordered another Evo CX, but this time I went with a 25mm wide. I am trying this based on the info found here. I think it is a good idea. We shall see.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/03/ ... res_210962

Getter

by Getter

Its just the design of the arms. They almost come straight down. Not sure how much leverage they can give you when you need to slow down real fast. The Egg's did not have the "crisp" action of how a regular road brake feels.

Most of the Tri events are out and back. Your on the brakes maybe twice the whole ride. The turn around point and the run transition.

Post up on how those 25's are. I've got a buddy that wants to ditch his slightly used pair.

BmanX

by BmanX

I will agree to disagree about comments made about triathlon and the egg brakes. The egg brakes that I had before worked very well and both arms moved when set up correctly. As for the braking in triathlons I am not sure where you race but where I race you brake a hell of a lot more than a couple of times. I sort of like having some brakes that work when I come down the 13% hill doing over 50 mph and making a sharp right hand or left hand turn. The race last weekend had 7 X 180 degree turns with 3 of them at the bottom of a hill which you can hit about 40 mph and then you come down into transition.

An egg brake in a crit I would say maybe a no go but triathlon is not an out and back. The local TT are out and back or loop courses with lots of right hand turns.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Getter

by Getter

The local TT's here are pretty flat and straight.

Its possible that the Egg brakes were not setup properly. After trying them out...I do not trust them on a road bike.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I took this neat little pic of the old S2 where it sleeps in my speed armory.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

steff wrote:Yes tiso front derailleur work perfectly with red shifters (new and 'old')
the best one is the altore (for shimano)
DSCF1795.JPG

Wow! Who did the custom carbon work on that?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I tried the TriRig brake today. Here is a crappy photo comparing the two brakes. Lighting was totally different, and it was taken from my phone.

I'll update this with a full review, but I am tired now, and going to bed.

BmanX

by BmanX

That is a sexy brake. Hey I know that brake. Hey!
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

hougo/

by hougo/

ProfessorChaos wrote:
leosantos wrote:professor, plse enlighten me hehe (jk)
how come shortening the bar ends make it better like this? bc you cut a few grams? I mean, I can see how making it longer may help some people, but shortening.. if you dont like to hold it so close to the ends, just dont.. what I am missing?

tks

Well it was those 12g that got the project under 13lbs....but that's not the whole reason. I never held onto them there, and sometimes in violent sprints, or climbs they could get in the way of my knees being so long. They are nice and out of the way now. Plus they look better. Look at the pics on this page, then go back a few. They were just too long before, but I think it is good they give you the option if you want it. I just had a friend on another forum, just praise how much he loves his Vuka Sprints he got after I recommended them. It's good to know he appreciated them as much as I do. I love these handlebars.

Hello ProfessorChaos,
Can you compare the Vuka Sprint with a 3TTT Ergonova?
They look verry similar, instead of the reach, +7mm for Zipp handlebar
No problem with using without ruban cork on the top of the handlebar?
Thank you!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

hougo/ wrote:Hello ProfessorChaos,
Can you compare the Vuka Sprint with a 3TTT Ergonova?
They look verry similar, instead of the reach, +7mm for Zipp handlebar
No problem with using without ruban cork on the top of the handlebar?
Thank you!

Never tried the 3T bars you mentioned. It was very similar in shape to my old K-Wing bar, but much stiffer, lighter, and more aero. I have no problems with the center section of the bars bare. It is actually a comfortable shape to hold onto if you do, but I am usually on the hoods or in the drops.

I hope that helps.

hougo/

by hougo/

Yes, thank you :)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I had some unwanted weight savings happen. Just starting to get into it on the bottom of one of my favorite steep climbs I hear a click on a couple of pedal strokes then this happened as my pedal seemed to come out of my crankset.

Weird thing is a pedal came loose on my SSCX bike the week before on the other foot. So I've now had 5miles one leg each week a week apart. Not sure which leg hated it the worst.

Anyway Lightning is awesome. I told them about my old out of warranty cranks failing, and they offered to replace it for a fraction of the cost of new. Sure it sucks it broke, but now I will have the new version, and it should even fit in my BB bearings better too, since they revised that, among other things.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Wow man, that is quite a crack! :unbelievable:

Hope you are ok!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Hope you can buff out that scratch on the chainstay too.