2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

leosantos

by leosantos

well then, Im glad people can have different tastes! in portuguese we say: "what would be of yellow if everyone likes the blue?" im pretty sure there are equivalents in other languages hehehe
I do prefer the 1st pic! even then, I might try cutting my zipp or 3t at some point, probly when Im changing tapes/shifters next year..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Well so much for the back order status on my 2012 Red FD. Yeah, this happened to arrive today. It puts the bike back over 13lbs, but it shifts faster, and more precise. I suspect most of the weight gain was in the chain catcher. It is much more robust, and a better design then the Far, and Near one I was using with my old school Red FD. I never thought the old FD shifted bad, but this new one does work even better.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Got some new pics. 2012 FD installed, and I did some tuning on the RD. RD is now down to 119g, but still plenty of room to go lighter. Also got a sweet detail pic of the stealth logo on the Berk post combo.

BmanX

by BmanX

What is the official weight now and when are you going to get those damn I-links. Would have saved you having to dremel the RD which I am thinking I will need to do as well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I am going to get i-links when I need to re-cable the bike. I am kicking around a few other ideas too. Like BTP carbon shifter clamps, maybe 2012 Red shifters too, KCNC Ti cassette, or 2012 Red cassette are maybe items as well. I cut 3g off the RD, and I gained 11g with the new FD, so it's just over 13lbs as it sits.

BmanX

by BmanX

I know when the brakes hit your door step that once you look at them and put oen up to your front fork, I will have to beg you to ship all of them to me. You should check out TriRig's facebook page to see just how great they look.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I know when the brakes hit your door step that once you look at them and put oen up to your front fork, I will have to beg you to ship all of them to me. You should check out TriRig's facebook page to see just how great they look.

I've seen it, that's precisely why I need to find some more weight to shed so I can put an Omega on the front and keep it under 13lbs. I might have to take you up on that, and mount one on, and test the stopping power before I make the purchase. ;)

steff

by steff

Hello
is shifting better with the new red fd ?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

steff wrote:Hello
is shifting better with the new red fd ?

Yes, I was one of the few that thought the old Red FD didn't shift bad. This new one is quicker, and more precise. I have no worries of a chain drop ever. Which was not the case before, even with a chain watcher. The inner cage on the new FD extends further forward, and I would say that alone eliminates the possibility of a chain drop. You can change gears under power climbing, and no worries. They did a great job on it.

steff

by steff

OK , nice to know that

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I rode the S2 70miles today. I tried on several occasions to drop a chain. I shifted under power climbing several times. Crisp clean precise shifts each time. Loving the 2012 Red FD. The newly slimmed down RD performed to perfection as well. The front trim works great all big ring rub is eliminated. Small small gets rub, but small small is just dumb. It's really a joy to ride this bike now. I am saying this, and it was in a .9lbs heavier trim with my Spinergy Clinchers on today. The 404s make it even better. It is a great, and very fast race bike.

BmanX

by BmanX

Great, now I have to sort out some other weight savings to be able to stay where I am but get the new 2012 RED FD. Are you sure you do not work for SRAM? I have seen these marketing tactics before and used them here as well. DAMN YOU causing me to spend more money.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Nah, I'm just thoroughly impressed with the improvements. It's really like Di2 precise, w/o the weight. It's every bit as good as I am saying it is. The "YAW" concept is a huge step forward in FD design in my opinion.

Getter

by Getter

I actually saw an Egg brake in person today. I don't think its a brake you would want to use it on a road bike...especially if you descend...or need to scrub speed quick. Only one side of the arm moves. It pushes the rim onto the other pad. Its extremely stiff at the lever. It a cool looking brake...just not to functional for normal road bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Getter wrote:I actually saw an Egg brake in person today. I don't think its a brake you would want to use it on a road bike...especially if you descend...or need to scrub speed quick. Only one side of the arm moves. It pushes the rim onto the other pad. Its extremely stiff at the lever. It a cool looking brake...just not to functional for normal road bikes.

Great info. I scratched it off my options list long ago anyway because of weight. I think the TriRig brake will be the way to go, if it works well. The hardware is all stainless too, so there is an opportunity to make it lighter too.