2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure,

It looks like maybe two posts will be sent your way if that is alright. Sharing the cost of frieght to you will be a good idea for Chaos and I.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Berk wrote:Hi!
Just read a bit this topic, and yes, it would be sure possible to make it :thumbup: . It would only take me some time to make it, and of course I first need to get a seatpost. Wanted to get one here in Slovenia, but probably won't get it, so I would need one from you,.. Then I can make a mould, or just use it for the combo..anyway, sure a very interesting "aero-combo" project!

Yep, it looks like we will be sending you two posts very soon! I am so excited, this is going to be the crowning jewel for this build.

Martin.F wrote:I also own a Cervelo s2, and this bike is an inspiration. Just what I'm looking for in a road bike as well, so I'm looking towards yours to buy parts of my own. It's like you do the research for me. So I got the same frame and wheels as you do, and have really concidered the Zipp bars. They look bad-ass!

BMANX was my original inspiration, now we are almost on the same level. You're welcome to join the "aero, and light is right" crowd. It only makes sense I feel. Sure I could build a 10 or 11lbs bike, but I think a 12lbs aero bike is better myself.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Ok then! Otherwise, should I use the original seatpost (the tube) for the combo, or would you rather see that I make also a mould for it and make the combo completely by myself? There would be much less costs/work if I would use the original tube, but have no idea how much weights the tube..any information about that?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Berk wrote:Ok then! Otherwise, should I use the original seatpost (the tube) for the combo, or would you rather see that I make also a mould for it and make the combo completely by myself? There would be much less costs/work if I would use the original tube, but have no idea how much weights the tube..any information about that?

I just sent you this on FB, but I will post it here for others to follow.

I'll find out after I cut the top off of it. The one I am getting is actually a two position, and most of the internal stuff can just be removed apparently. I'll have it Sunday, and I can weigh it for you. My post I have now with the cradle, bolts and yokes, is 156g if that helps. I would estimate the tube alone should be less than 100g. That should make the combo under 150 I would guess, or somewhere thereabouts. I'd rather just use the Cervelo tube for frame tolerances, and any possible warranty concerns they may have with a post that isn't theirs.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

First nice long ride on the S2 today since all the parts changing over the winter. The Vukas with the SCSL stem is a stiff as nails, awesome, setup. I love this bike more than ever. It is nearly perfect. I also picked up the post this morning for our Berk project. All in all, it's been a great day.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

:thumbup:

ProfessorChaos wrote:/...
I'd rather just use the Cervelo tube for frame tolerances, and any possible warranty concerns they may have with a post that isn't theirs.

+1

BmanX

by BmanX

I like the set up. I can not wait to get my bike close to yours.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I like the set up. I can not wait to get my bike close to yours.

Both are builds are very similar. I'd like to think we inspire each other, and obviously we have similar tastes.

You cannot go wrong with the Vuka Sprints, and the SC-SL stem. I certainly could of gone with a lighter stem, but the stiffness is stout as can be with the SC-SL.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well mine will be a bit lighter since I am running full aero carbon rings and will be running the Omega's. Also I have the cable hanger. New saddles should help save a bit of weight but the EDGE 45's will live on the SLC full time now.

Hey did you try to remove the top of the post yet to get the weight of the carbon only part of the post?
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Well mine will be a bit lighter since I am running full aero carbon rings and will be running the Omega's. Also I have the cable hanger. New saddles should help save a bit of weight but the EDGE 45's will live on the SLC full time now.

Hey did you try to remove the top of the post yet to get the weight of the carbon only part of the post?

I did, but there is still an aluminum insert glued into it. It was at 117g, with the insert. I wish I could cut the whole top off, but I am going to need the length. Minimum insertion is 6.5cm, and I am at about 7-7.5cm so that isn't going to happen. I'm going to have to try to cut out, and dremel out the aluminum insert it appears. Your post will be lighter with less length, and no insert. At your saddle height cutting it down should be no problem. I'm hoping to get it down to 100g for the post alone. I'll try to snap some pics tonight. I'm taking a rest day. Yesterday was a hard day on the bike.

BmanX

by BmanX

Sounds good and yes pics of course.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BMANX, got your post in.

Jure, would you rather chop the top off of them or do you want me to to do it? I have to make mine as long as possible to retain enough length for my position. If you want to do it I can ship these posts out tomorrow.

BmanX

by BmanX

That is too funny as I just sent you a PM about a thought I had for handlebars and to see if the post had arrived.

Good news. For my post it might be easy to remove the post top. I would love to know what that cast iron top weighs on its own.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

ProfessorChaos wrote:Jure, would you rather chop the top off of them or do you want me to to do it?

If you would have too much complications then I can do it ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Berk wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:Jure, would you rather chop the top off of them or do you want me to to do it?

If you would have too much complications then I can do it ;)

I am sure I can handle it. I figure I can make that one less thing you'll have to figure out. I'll cut both the tops so that the top will be level, so all you will have to do is attach the saddle, and supports. I'm guessing you will probably re-clear the finished post I assume? I hope so for the one I got was used, and some of the clear was damaged, and it needs redone anyway. I have the day off today, I'll take pics of both posts. I'd like to cut them at some point today as well.

BMANX, how long does your post need to be? I went with a large size so I would have plenty of room since the post has to go all the way to the saddle it needs to be a bit longer. The post you got appears to be a size medium same as on my bike, so it won't be as long as mine. I need every bit of the large one to get my height at the minimum insertion. I'll take pics here in a bit and show you what I mean.