2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:That is just bolt tuning now. Great work.

Bolt tuning has all been done sadly. I've already a plan to drop another 1/4lb off of it. I actually have a couple of ideas.

Getter

by Getter

Have you decided on the Egg brake yet? I know it won't do much for me...but its so cool!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

Since my back is so screwed up right now I decided last night to get a drill, some beer and MODIFY! The cabling in the bottom pic is just a dry run and will be cleaner when finished.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Looking good BMANX. BTW, been meaning to ask you. How do you like the I-Links? Is there anything special I should know about them? I am considering trying some out. They save a bit of weight right?

BmanX

by BmanX

Yes they save a bit of extra weight and are easier to install (I find) than Nokon's. The mini I-links for the shifter cables are great for tight bends at the bars, entering the TT behind the stem and make for a nice tight bend on the RD. I have no issues with them what so ever and never have.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

ProfessorChaos wrote:Looking good BMANX. BTW, been meaning to ask you. How do you like the I-Links? Is there anything special I should know about them? I am considering trying some out. They save a bit of weight right?

Jared has them on his bike if you wanna check them out.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Yes they save a bit of extra weight and are easier to install (I find) than Nokon's. The mini I-links for the shifter cables are great for tight bends at the bars, entering the TT behind the stem and make for a nice tight bend on the RD. I have no issues with them what so ever and never have.

Good info. I may have to try those in the future to help get mine down under 13lbs with yours. I am seriously thinking about buying a larger version Cervelo S series post, cutting it down, and sending it to Jure, to mold a SLR shaped saddle to it. Either that, or trying out one of those SMUD saddles with my current post. I hope those TriRig brakes are somewhat close to the weight of my KCNC's. Once I get it under 13lbs, I'd like to keep it there.

Fisherfreerider wrote:Jared has them on his bike if you wanna check them out.

Given the username, this must be Josh right? Jared is becoming quite the WW as of late isn't he? I'll have to check them out.

BmanX

by BmanX

The Omega's will not be close to the KCNC brakes as they are going to be about 139g in weight but I am going that route no matter what as the bike needs to be aero and light and not just light. I realized that have the bike just light was not going it justice and that is not what it was built for.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:The Omega's will not be close to the KCNC brakes as they are going to be about 139g in weight but I am going that route no matter what as the bike needs to be aero and light and not just light. I realized that have the bike just light was not going it justice and that is not what it was built for.

Well damn it. It will take some creativity, but I am dedicated to the same cause. I will just have to find a way to get other grams off the bike some other ways. I want to be sub 13, and aero as hell.

BmanX

by BmanX

Same here. I think the Berk post idea is a great start and if I could find a cheap post I could butcher and send to him I would. I also think I will be better served by running the EE brake on the back with the Omega on the front. Saves a bit of weight where the aerodynamics do not matter as much.

I think the Omega's on the English would be amazing because of the cable run on that bike is straight out the back the Omega's would be a very very clean run and it would clean up the front as well. I am just not sure how such a big looking brake would look on pencil thin stays.

Either way the Omega's will find their way to at least the front of my SLC, Planet X tri build and hopefully my English build.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Took a new pic of the S2 today, while taking pics of the freshly refinished Trek. Despite having dismal weather, and lighting, it turned out pretty good.

BmanX

by BmanX

That is just a sweet build. Next to mine ( :wink: ) this is my next fav.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:That is just a sweet build. Next to mine ( :wink: ) this is my next fav.

Funny thing is, I feel the same way about your bike. :wink:

BmanX

by BmanX

This could be a WW first.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I may be acquiring a size large post very soon for cutting down, and molding a saddle to it.