Canyon Aeroad CF 9.0 ETE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sastre

by sastre

thats what i thought shame that. i also liked the team colours but no di2 so changed my mind
looks good though is that your final seat hight . whats yor inseam .
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

sastre wrote:thats what i thought shame that. i also liked the team colours but no di2 so changed my mind
looks good though is that your final seat hight . whats yor inseam .

Depending on which shoes I ride..

With my Sidi Ergo2s that's how high I will be, but with my DMT Radials I will perhaps go down a few millimetres.

Not sure what my inseam is. I'm 190cm tall. Center of BB to top of the seat is approximately 82 cms.

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Wow sex on wheels.

Note on changing the stem. Don't forget they are 1 1/4 and as I know only Ritchey, Syntace and FSA made stems in this size.

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Fantastic bike, the green really works great. But are you sure there's enough seatpost left in the frame?

djm

by djm

lcoolb: It's on the max marking on the post... Right on the edge. Leaves 11-13 cm (cut in a 45' angle) of post in the frame. That seems like a pretty big safety margin.

And yes, 1 1/4" stems seem to be a little hard to come by, but should not be a big problem.
Last edited by djm on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

cnbky

by cnbky

i was contemplating this one a while back...waiting on a good report for you! especially compared to the s3

id like to know the accurate weight for that though!

jo.k

by jo.k

According to the Canyon website, the Aeroad should have a normal tapered head tube to accomodate 1 1/8" upper bearing, as opposed to the "extra over-sized" 1 1/4" on the Ultimate SLX. Can anyone confirm? Surely less of a hassle swapping stems around going to a normal steerer dimension, good move from Canyon imho.

And yes, great bike indeed! :thumbup:

djm

by djm

jo.k: Of course you are right..! 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 taper.. I was looking at the stem and couldn't figure out why there supposedly was no visual difference between the stems on my S3 and the Aeroad ;-)

jo.k

by jo.k

There you go then, should save you some $$$ and time not sourcing and ordering a bunch of oddly sized, non-compatible stems :lol:

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Does Canyon also glue the tubulars if you order a bike with tubular wheels?
They look nicely done...

djm

by djm

bruno2000 wrote:Does Canyon also glue the tubulars if you order a bike with tubular wheels?
They look nicely done...

Yes, they were glued and to perfection.

Sadly I have to return the rear wheel as there is about 2-3 millimetres of vertical untrueness. Shouldn't be a problem for them to either fix it or provide a new wheel.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Awesomely looking bike.

Btw, looking through Canyon site, it looks like they've ceased to sell Di2 framesets separately... :(
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

giant man

by giant man

Great looking bike, love the black/green combo, wonderful but very underrated combination!

djm

by djm

With Ksyrium Elite wheels for training/wet racing.

With pedals, cages and the Elites it weighs 7,2 kgs.

I've grown tired with sloppy training wheels going out of true and weighing a ton, e.g. WH-500 or Aksium Race and decided to pick up a set of fairly decent wheels I can trust. I've had good experience with Ksyrium SL/ES wheels borrowed from friends when I've been away for "training camp", and figured the Elites would be a good trade-off between quality and price.

As for the ride; I've gotten in about 240 kilometers so far, most of which was during a >140km ride Sunday.

When I compare the 09 S3 with the Aeroad it feels as if the S3 is left in the stone age, while the Aeroad is more modern.. There may be an element of the placebo effect, but the ride quality is much better with the Aeroad. It feels as if it is stiffer, and more 'direct'. When I punch the pedals the bike reacts quickly, more so than the S3. Some could perhaps be attributed to a new drivetrain, DA7900 crankset over 7800 SRM (going in for service), but the difference is just too big to be explained by any of those factors.

On my first ride I used the CCUs, and the effect of a new bike was dazzling. When I mounted the training wheels I was expecting a lot of this effect to have gone with the wheels, but no: It still gives a much better impression than the S3. The Aeroad yields higher comfort and eliminates a lot of the minor road buzz felt from poor surfacing. I've ridden the bikes with the same saddle.

Also I have a hand injury which with the Ultegra SL on my S3 was quite painful when going from the small to the big ring. With the Di2 obviously this problem is eliminated. Brake modulation is also far superior when compared to the Ultegra, and the levers fit much better with my hands and fingers than the regular 7900 levers. However I miss a bit of the bulk of the 7900 shifter body, but that will not take much getting used to.

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

That is sweet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com