Canyon Aeroad CF 9.0 ETE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Marzz

by Marzz

Canyon bikes are so hot - I think there's still an issue bringing them in to Australia tho :(
S-Works Venge

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elSid

by elSid

Good lookin' bike!

I'd love to buy a Canyon - would probably do it right now if there was a place that would ship to USA. Competitive Cyclist was going to start importing them, but that apparently fizzled.

shyeoh

by shyeoh

you have a very clean looking setup :thumbup:

Geoff

by Geoff

Very nice!

Marzz

by Marzz

So in the USA - I assume it's like here in Australia, where you can't ship the bike direct to your place? you'd need a freight forwarding company in another country?
I know a couple of guys in Aus who used a freight forwarding company to send the product to New Zealand, then to Australia, but I don't know if that still works.
Really sux tho - cos they are hot bikes, and yet it's near on impossible to get one direct!
S-Works Venge

iainsheppard

by iainsheppard

Marzz wrote:So in the USA - I assume it's like here in Australia, where you can't ship the bike direct to your place? you'd need a freight forwarding company in another country?
I know a couple of guys in Aus who used a freight forwarding company to send the product to New Zealand, then to Australia, but I don't know if that still works.
Really sux tho - cos they are hot bikes, and yet it's near on impossible to get one direct!

I looked into it as I really was after one before I got my Focus. I would have had to pay the VAT of 17% as the packet fwding company was in Germany, then I would have had to pay the 10% GST also. Would have been a costly exercise so I decided against it. When I did speak to Canyon they were quiet helpful but wouldnt give the full details about why they wouldnt send to Australia, just that there were complications. They did used to send to Australia / USA / NZ but stopped a few years ago :(

Marzz

by Marzz

Yes I agree about the Canyon reps - they are very helpful, and even sympathetic, but they can't do any more than offer up a "we are looking to rectify our shipping policies in the future."

From what I understand, someone here in Australia has the distribution rights to Canyon, and as a result means we can't import direct.
S-Works Venge

sjc166

by sjc166

Hi there,
I am starting to buy components for my Aeroad build (frame is arriving March 2012) and I am looking at handle bars and stems. Although the frame comes with a Ritchey stem I want to get rid of it and get a carbon one that will match my bars.
I would really like to buy a Easton EC90 SL stem and EC90 SLX3 bar combination but I am having a bit of difficulty determining if the stem will fit.
I have read the previous posts about this but I am still a little unclear. I should state its my first real "serious" bike and my first bike build too so I am learning everything as I am going along.

From what I have found out the Easton stem is 1 1/8 (had to find this out from a bike store website, cant believe i couldnt find it on the easton site) and the Canyon will take 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 stems. Do I have this right? Perhaps someone has had the same issues with their Aeroad and could help me. I have emailed Canyon and they have yet to reply? But after the issues I had with them determining what BB would fit (I was told 3 different kinds by the Dutch office, not surprised by their incompetence as I will deal with it every day) I thought this forum would be the best place to ask

Sorry if this is a basic question but I am learning as I go. As I tell my students, you will never learn if you don't ask questions.

Cheers,
Shaun

fa63

by fa63

The Aeroad uses the standard 1 1/8" steerer tube diameter at the top, so you should be able to fit any stem you like.

sjc166

by sjc166

That's what I thought. Just wanted to check before I purchased. Photos will follow when everything is together. Cheers, Shaun

djm

by djm

Yes, the Aeroad takes your regular 1 1/8" stem. The Acros headset is also a pleasant experience.

sjc166

by sjc166

Just out of interest, how tall are you? I am getting my Aeroad frame in 3 weeks and I am a little worried that I have got the wrong size (maybe all this waiting for it has made me paranoid). I am 186cm and I got a large frame. I compared the sizing to my old Ridley, which was a great fit, and there was not much difference between the two. But the Canyon website said I should be an XL.

sawyer

by sawyer

sjc166 wrote:Just out of interest, how tall are you? I am getting my Aeroad frame in 3 weeks and I am a little worried that I have got the wrong size (maybe all this waiting for it has made me paranoid). I am 186cm and I got a large frame. I compared the sizing to my old Ridley, which was a great fit, and there was not much difference between the two. But the Canyon website said I should be an XL.

I wouldn't worry. At your height you'd have to be pretty unusual not to fit well onto a large - assuming the geo works for you.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

JSS

by JSS

Great looking bike, but does the blood rush to your head when you are riding, that is quite a drop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

sjc166: I'm 190 cm tall. Inseam 94 cm. Long arms. The post is at the max, and depending on shoes, over the max...! But there's still 13 cm of seatpost left in the frame and I'm 77 kgs, so quite comfortable with going past the max mark on the post :-)

JSS: I feel very very comfortable on the bike. Just back from this almost five hour ride http://app.strava.com/rides/4783088 and I feel just fine (except from my shoulder that hit the ice as I fell exiting a turn speedskating Wednesday :-( )

I'm even going to try and lower the stem by one spacer.

On the picture the bike has a 110mm stem, but I've since swapped it for an identical 120mm stem.