Colnago c59 Italia EPS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dstillers

by dstillers

Hello All and Happy New Year.

First time on WW. Thought I'd share some pics of my ride. (If I can work out how to upload them.)

I had this built by my mate Simon at peloton cycles in Rugeley. He's done a cracking job.

The group is campagnolo record eps
Wheels are cosmic carbone ultimates with conty comp tubs.

After many years riding I finally went for a proper bike fit with Adrian Timmis at Cadence Sport so the c59 fits me like a glove.

It's sitting in my dining room until March as an incentive to get strong over the winter and do it justice as and when the weather improves.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

mr_tim

by mr_tim

:welcome:

so - what does it weigh....?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dstillers

by dstillers

15.1 pounds. Not bad for a relatively big bike (54 sloping) I suppose. I'm considering fsa plasma bars in the near future which will shave a bit off.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Nice!

DON'T do the plasmas, please!! Those are so ugly and will completely ruin the aesthetic of the build.....please let that beautiful frame be the star!!

dstillers

by dstillers

Ha Ha! Ok, noted thanks. I know what you mean.

Rich.H

by Rich.H

Very nice indeed.

I would interested to hear where you purchased the frame and how long you waited after ordering? I was not aware that Peleton Cycles were Colnago dealers?

Cheers

Rich

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

A C59/EPS is about as good as a bike gets. Did Timmis need to change any parts from stock, or did you find that only fine tuning was required?
Last edited by Valbrona on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

dstillers

by dstillers

Simon at peloton is passionate about colnago and slowly wore me down and convinced me to get one. He orders through a contact at wind wave. My Frameset was delivered in just under 4 weeks but it was a stock item, it can take a lot longer as I'm sure you know. I was prepared for a 12 week wait.
If you're considering one I would recommend peloton, he really knows the product well.

Regards the bike fit, I just needed a 12cm stem, everything else was fine. I took the bike in with the steerer uncut. I knew my bar width and crank length before but was a little concerned my frame may have been too small, despite carefully analysing the geometry charts. I'd always ridden a 58cm cervelo so to drop to a 54s was a bit disconcerting but it worked out fine and as you can see from the pics the stem is almost slammed onto the head tube. The fit included new custom insoles and wedges in my shoes which have made a big difference with power output. I would seriously consider a fit at cadence having finally done it.

Rich.H

by Rich.H

I already ride a C59 and ironically enough, Adrian did my final fit after I had built it up. I love the look of the 150th / TSIT colour ways (I have the GDOB currently) and fancy a change for this year.

If I make the change to EPS, it will probably be the TSIT that I go for as the 150th frames which I know are still available are the mechanical versions...

Enjoy the ride!

Rich

dstillers

by dstillers

Thanks Rich, I'd like to see some pics if you have any. I'm lost with all the colnago colorways. I was weighing up the Matt team version but really wanted last years black silver colour. All sold out in my size but I'm very happy with what I've got. Happy trails!

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Looks good. Mines 14.9 lbs and is a 60cm traditional. It's possible.

carbonLORD.com

thencameyou

by thencameyou

very nice. campag SRM and 3T cockpit and you're getting close to my dream build...

tri

by tri

What's the seat post diameter on these babies?

PSM

by PSM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich.H

by Rich.H

dstillers wrote:Thanks Rich, I'd like to see some pics if you have any. I'm lost with all the colnago colorways. I was weighing up the Matt team version but really wanted last years black silver colour. All sold out in my size but I'm very happy with what I've got. Happy trails!

Rather than clutter up your thread with other bike pics, the link below will take you to some pics of mine.

These were taken before my fit with Adrian - I now have the standard C59 seat post as he suggested more set back and he also tilted my bars down. And I stuck with the black bar tape in the end!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79807&start=15

Rich