I.F. Corvid w/ Chorus-11 and ENVE Smart System 6.7's

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I always get a chuckle out of the comments concerning stems that look too short on custom builds.
None of those comments seem to include a follow-up about the chosen bar width... :noidea:
The 90 looks fine to me on that build; I just can't get past the bad aesthetics of the ENVE stem.
That bike is hot otherwise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

santabarbara

by santabarbara

Why Chorus cranks on a BB30 setup?

I don't understand.

:noidea: :noidea:
Aluminum is the new black

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Have to agree with others that from an aesthetic point of view this bike is a bit bland. White saddle and bar tape with outline-style enve decals on the rim maybe, if you're after something classic. Or something along the lines of the Fairwheel Crumpton, with a white seatpost, stem, and bottle cages.

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Nah...murdered out is the way to go!!
All black, baby ;)

KWalker

by KWalker

Did no one read that its a TEST BIKE? 90mm is on the low side of stems, but can easily be swapped for a longer one and the post can be lowered and saddle angle changed depending on the customer. Its really not that bad considering that the person riding it will only want to get a short ride in to get a feel for the frame and wheels and then plop down the cash.

Most bikes you see in shops have generic 100mm stems and shitloads of spacers and whatever generic spec saddle/wheels come on the bike so this is quite a step up I'd say.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

HillRPete

by HillRPete

KWalker wrote:Did no one read that its a TEST BIKE? 90mm is on the low side of stems, but can easily be swapped for a longer one and the post can be lowered and saddle angle changed depending on the customer. Its really not that bad considering that the person riding it will only want to get a short ride in to get a feel for the frame and wheels and then plop down the cash.

Most bikes you see in shops have generic 100mm stems and shitloads of spacers and whatever generic spec saddle/wheels come on the bike so this is quite a step up I'd say.

What's the point of posting a build if you wouldn't like to get people's opinions :D

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

wassertreter wrote:What's the point of posting a build if you wouldn't like to get people's opinions :D

You should ask CippoforLife that question. He's been posting "a build a day"
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

santabarbara

by santabarbara

laager wrote:
santabarbara wrote:Why Chorus cranks on a BB30 setup? I don't understand. :noidea: :noidea:

I don't understand what your question is. Why not Chorus cranks on BB30?

The point of a BB30 shell is..... a BB30 crank.

:roll:
Aluminum is the new black

elviento

by elviento

The bike is nice, but it didn't excite me as did the Parlee and the Cento1 from the the daily builds (among others):

1. The curve in the stays are so 90s, and probably doesn't serve any real purpose, and scores no style points either. The lugs are a bit too oversized and the classic shapes are lost.

2. The Enve stuff, while very nice, just look out of place on this bike.

3. Let alone the short stem. Enve stems are thick and round, which simply don't look very good in shorter sizes no matter what bike you put them on. The bulbous headtube and the round stem just takes away any feel of speed (Image).

4. The minimalist seatpost top do not match the chunky-ness of the Aliante saddle.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

musket

by musket

santabarbara wrote:
laager wrote:
santabarbara wrote:Why Chorus cranks on a BB30 setup? I don't understand. :noidea: :noidea:

No it's not - it's to increase the available area to optimise carbon's use. Chorus cranks and the UT42/46 cups result in a set up superior to many 'pure' bb30/pf30 set ups.

markyboy

by markyboy

prendrefeu wrote:Looks smaller than my 90mm's. Weird.

I run 90 and it does look way shorter than mine.
Nice bike thou,really nice wheels.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Would I end this discussion by noting that the stem is actually a 100mm?
Just checked...cameras can do tricky things ;)
And feel free to comment, criticize, etc...I appreciate each opinion, even if I disagree.

erotero

by erotero

what's the final weight? I'm considering this frame, among others, for a new build in the near future. Cheers!
MASTER says... FASTER!!! ...but my leg still hurts...

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

musket wrote:
santabarbara wrote:
laager wrote:

No it's not - it's to increase the available area to optimise carbon's use. Chorus cranks and the UT42/46 cups result in a set up superior to many 'pure' bb30/pf30 set ups.

How exactly are they superior?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

iscarrr

by iscarrr

You guys crack me up. The bike looks hot, oh no 90mm stem, wont somebody think of the children!

Comments about not using BB30 cranks are funny too. So many new frames out there run BB30 but very few run BB30 cranks, mainly due to lack of range (no campy BB30 cranks) and being locked into a so called 'standard' that your hypothetical new bike might not support.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com