2011 Parlee Z1 build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

incognitus

by incognitus

@ elviento, 2011: I would not call the Z1 frame shiny - it is rather raw with no coat at all, but with a slight, silk-like shimmer (btw, that's just the "Waxed" finish - you can have the frame in all kinds of finishes, including paint or clear coat). Very unique and nice-looking indeed. The lugs are pure matte carbon weave. The 3T UD carbon parts however are high gloss and shiny (which is a nice contrast to the frame).

@laager: Yes, compared to what I am used to and what defines my normal riding stile: hydraulic "instant stop" disc brakes. I now have to deal with twice the speed, half the braking power and three to four times the stopping distance from Vmax. :shock:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

What a build ! What's going in with your right shifter? Looks like you have the brake cable 'off' , the shifter tab looks further away from brake lever than on left shifter? or is it just the angle?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Monkeyboy3333, I guess you ride Shimano or SRAM.
The left shifter is simply in the 'open' position. Campy Ergos do that.

Edit, sorry, right shifter is open. :oops:
Last edited by Stolichnaya on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incognitus

by incognitus

laager wrote: The current pads might be a contributor to less than stellar braking performance but I'm sure I don't need to encourage you to experiment on that front.

Yes, that might indeed be the case. I now have Koolstop Carbon pads - are thy any good? In any case, I have ordered the original SwissStop/Lightweight Grey Pads, they should be here in a few days.

:beerchug:

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Sweet Jesus - what a first road bike!

What do z1 owners do when they get the urge to upgrade? Do they just buy another one in a different colour or something?

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

jsinclair wrote:Sweet Jesus - what a first road bike!

What do z1 owners do when they get the urge to upgrade? Do they just buy another one in a different colour or something?

That's like your first time being with The Prom Queen.
Tough act to follow!

:lol:

phips

by phips

incognitus wrote:My first road bike (coming from MTBs)

Bloody hell, that's stunning. Quality choice of SR on it too, looks fab (but I would say that - check back to my older posts)