2011 Parlee Z1 build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

incognitus

by incognitus

@ elviento, 2011: I would not call the Z1 frame shiny - it is rather raw with no coat at all, but with a slight, silk-like shimmer (btw, that's just the "Waxed" finish - you can have the frame in all kinds of finishes, including paint or clear coat). Very unique and nice-looking indeed. The lugs are pure matte carbon weave. The 3T UD carbon parts however are high gloss and shiny (which is a nice contrast to the frame).

@laager: Yes, compared to what I am used to and what defines my normal riding stile: hydraulic "instant stop" disc brakes. I now have to deal with twice the speed, half the braking power and three to four times the stopping distance from Vmax. :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

What a build ! What's going in with your right shifter? Looks like you have the brake cable 'off' , the shifter tab looks further away from brake lever than on left shifter? or is it just the angle?

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Monkeyboy3333, I guess you ride Shimano or SRAM.
The left shifter is simply in the 'open' position. Campy Ergos do that.

Edit, sorry, right shifter is open. :oops:
Last edited by Stolichnaya on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incognitus

by incognitus

laager wrote: The current pads might be a contributor to less than stellar braking performance but I'm sure I don't need to encourage you to experiment on that front.

Yes, that might indeed be the case. I now have Koolstop Carbon pads - are thy any good? In any case, I have ordered the original SwissStop/Lightweight Grey Pads, they should be here in a few days.

:beerchug:

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Sweet Jesus - what a first road bike!

What do z1 owners do when they get the urge to upgrade? Do they just buy another one in a different colour or something?

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

jsinclair wrote:Sweet Jesus - what a first road bike!

What do z1 owners do when they get the urge to upgrade? Do they just buy another one in a different colour or something?

That's like your first time being with The Prom Queen.
Tough act to follow!

:lol:

phips

by phips

incognitus wrote:My first road bike (coming from MTBs)

Bloody hell, that's stunning. Quality choice of SR on it too, looks fab (but I would say that - check back to my older posts)