My TT Bike (Scott Plasma 2, 7.5kg w/ Hed3 + Super 9)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hansonator69

by hansonator69

woz9683 wrote:Alright, I'm going to see what I can do. Team is "absolute racing" so I can do "absolute" on one side and "racing" on the other. Just a single spoke, of course.

In the same font as the "Highroad" text, for extra effect of course. :wink:
Slam your stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

TerribleCadence wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote:if you are planing to race on a TT ... the nose of the saddle must be 5cm from the center of your crank)

Only relevant if its a UCI sanctioned event. Not an evening TT series

although relevant, if you want to participate in uci-events: the aero-cover may not be used. thats the only downer of the covers. :(

woz9683

by woz9683

hansonator69 wrote:
woz9683 wrote:Alright, I'm going to see what I can do. Team is "absolute racing" so I can do "absolute" on one side and "racing" on the other. Just a single spoke, of course.

In the same font as the "Highroad" text, for extra effect of course. :wink:

Of course!

woz9683

by woz9683

Juanmoretime wrote:
Krull wrote:
TerribleCadence wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote:if you are planing to race on a TT ... the nose of the saddle must be 5cm from the center of your crank)

Only relevant if its a UCI sanctioned event. Not an evening TT series

although relevant, if you want to participate in uci-events: the aero-cover may not be used. thats the only downer of the covers. :(

Disc shopping time! :shock:

Well, if all goes right I may start my build this weekend.

Ugh, I know. I feel like I'm going to get talked into it one way or another. Maybe I'll just get a sub9 and be done with it, then I'll literally have 0 excuses :roll: (or maybe I don't want that) Actually, would it even fit this frame? I know they're borderline on some.

Post your build when you start!

woz9683

by woz9683

Zipp Super 9 on the way, and should get to pick up the new crankset this evening! I'll update pics when stuff arrives!

woz9683

by woz9683

I just saw proofs for the Hed spoke decals, they're going to look good! I can't decide if I should do "absolute" on one side and "racing" on the other, or just "absolute" on both sides.

I'm thinking the racing is implied, plus its a short word so the sides will be non-uniform if I use it. What do you think?

woz9683

by woz9683

So, here's what it will look like.

Are you ever going to post your build? :cry:

woz9683

by woz9683

Sweet, looking good!

Yeah, the brake i-links won't go through the top tube, it's lined so it isn't necessary. I just used i-links end pieces at either end of the top tube to join the housing to it. I had to shave down the fitting that goes in just behind the steerer to get it to fit, but other than that, no issues.

I'm sure the shift i-links would work for the shift cables, but you're going to need like 4 sets to run that long length. Also, it seems like it would be really difficult to make sure you get all the slack out of the housings.

woz9683

by woz9683

Got the new wheel on it, and the crank. Pretty much complete now!

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Now thats what I'm talking about! Nothing like peer pressure to help you drop the $$$ on a disk eh! haha.

Hope you enjoy the painful times you'll endure upon this beast :thumbup:
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

hansonator69

by hansonator69

:mrgreen:

What a beauty!
Slam your stem.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Really a nice TT bike :thumbup:
See all my bike h e r e

woz9683

by woz9683

Glad you like it! Yeah, everything other than my wallet likes the disc :twisted: It certainly looks the part. I've got to pick up the decals for the front wheel this afternoon, I think it might look too busy, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Can't wait for next season now; I'll be putting a lot of trainer miles on this rig over the next couple of months. I feel really comfortable on it already :thumbup:

dexufto

by dexufto

Awesome build. Looks fast even when it's stationary. :thumbup:

Got a couple of questions:
Noticed that you only use i-links for the brakes? why not the gear as well?
Also, did you run the links internal as well?
Thanks
woz9683 wrote:Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

woz9683

by woz9683

It's a little weird, the rear brake has a housing integrated into the frame, but the shifters do not. So, the brake is very easy to run; just a cable stop before entering the frame and upon exit, just like a normal frame. Since the shifters don't have any kind of guides inside the frame, you have to run housing the full length. Basically, I just decided it would be incredibly difficult to get the i-links compressed properly for such a long run, run all the way through the frame with all the twists and turns, not to mention, it would be expensive (probably 3 sets of shift housing needed). So, the links are only internal in the handlebars.

Juanmoretime was considering all i-links, we'll have to see if he pulls it off! Any updates there?