Matt with Power Cordz

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

Hello, Matt with Power Cordz here. We've lurked around the Weight Weenies forum for long enough! We'd like to open up some conversation with Power Cordz riders or light bike enthusiasts who might have questions for us.

edit: Removed product description. We want to answer questions, not advertise.

We strive to give you a better riding experience, and since there are a number of users on the forum, we thought we'd start the conversation.


Looking forward to chatting with you,

matt@iodupont.com


http://www.powercordz.com
http://www.facebook.com/powercordz
http://www.twitter.com/powercordz
Last edited by PowerCordz on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie


gumgardner
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

by gumgardner

Hi Matt.
Anyway of getting around the cords fraying when using them with SRAM Red?

Also can these be used with mini iLinks?

Thanks

User avatar
tjk
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:56 pm
Location: Czech Republic

by tjk

I used to have Nokon + PCordz Liner + 1.5mm PCordz on full XTR 970 setup and it was flawless ... now I´m runnig Nokon with Nokon brake liner and 1.2mm PCordz and it seems to work a bit better... but maybe it´s just placebo :lol:
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

- FORT Columbus Ultrafoco

voodoojar
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 pm

by voodoojar

Please make and include something like this instead of the clampy thing you include now.
Image

User avatar
eigner
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Denmark

by eigner

I tried to make power crapz work as good as jagwire, but no sucess. :|
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

mrfish
Posts: 1617
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: Near Horgen, Switzerland

by mrfish

@Matt
While manufacturer contributions are great, I do feel that starting a thread to discuss your product strays into unsolicited advertising. I have not read the forum guidelines on this topic, but my sense is that people welcome manufacturer contributions in the following cases:

- When they respond to queries or comments from users which add to members' knowledge
- When they add new or interesting value added content not available elsewhere

If manufacturers want to run threads about their product or publicise updates, offers or new items (no bad thing) we should set up a manufacturers' sub forum and allow manufacturers willing to support the forum financially to make whatever announcements they choose there. If not, the alternative is for manufacturers to run their own forum off their web pages, with all the associated overheads and hassle that entails.

So coming back to the original topic, it would be great if we could see some pictures of your bike Matt, along with some close-ups of your Powercordz, or maybe some pictures explaining your production process and discussion of different colour options or something else which might be of interest to regulars here.

welcome btw!

PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

mrfish wrote:@Matt
While manufacturer contributions are great, I do feel that starting a thread to discuss your product strays into unsolicited advertising. I have not read the forum guidelines on this topic, but my sense is that people welcome manufacturer contributions in the following cases:

- When they respond to queries or comments from users which add to members' knowledge
- When they add new or interesting value added content not available elsewhere

If manufacturers want to run threads about their product or publicise updates, offers or new items (no bad thing) we should set up a manufacturers' sub forum and allow manufacturers willing to support the forum financially to make whatever announcements they choose there. If not, the alternative is for manufacturers to run their own forum off their web pages, with all the associated overheads and hassle that entails.

So coming back to the original topic, it would be great if we could see some pictures of your bike Matt, along with some close-ups of your Powercordz, or maybe some pictures explaining your production process and discussion of different colour options or something else which might be of interest to regulars here.

welcome btw!


I couldn't agree more! We want to add to "member knowledge". Spending time on the forums, I saw a lot of the same questions popping up and thought it might be helpful to have one place to answer questions. It doesn't seem like we need to advertise - people here seem familiar with Power Cordz. We're new on the forums, so if there is a better place for us to answer questions (like a sub-thread) let me know and we'll move there.

PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

gumgardner wrote:Hi Matt.
Anyway of getting around the cords fraying when using them with SRAM Red?

Also can these be used with mini iLinks?

Thanks


Where are the cables fraying? The more specific you can be the easier we can help.

PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

eigner wrote:I tried to make power crapz work as good as jagwire, but no sucess. :|


In what way did they not work for you? If you let us know why they were a problem, we might be able to help.

bikeman71
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:07 am
Location: Pollock Pines, CA

by bikeman71

I would like to have a convenient reference spot on how to tie the knot with ax lightness Orion/btp/power cordz. Pictures and step by step instructions would be awesome.


PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

We're currently working on optimizing an install on ax lightness brakes. The uniqueness of the system requires extensive safety testing, which takes us time. We've seen a number of photos here on Weight Weenies of some interesting installs, and we appreciate the support!

gumgardner
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

by gumgardner

My attempt to merge a topic...Matt, let me know your thoughts about this
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92700

PowerCordz
in the industry
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

by PowerCordz

gumgardner, thanks for linking the other thread. I commented specifically on your questions on that thread.

by Weenie


User avatar
steff
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: FRANCE

by steff

gumgardner wrote:Hi Matt.
Anyway of getting around the cords fraying when using them with SRAM Red?

Also can these be used with mini iLinks?

Thanks


hello gumgardner
I used this combination powercordz in I link(brakes) and mini I link (shifter with black (thanks to powercordz because they are not sold in france)1.2 mm one , red shifters and ax brakes (trp 970 sl now)

I' m happy with this combination and never had problem

sorry for my poor english :oops:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post