S-works SL2 repainted (as Proto sl3) 6.18kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

biky

by biky

I paint stripped my limited SL2 frame and let it be repainted last month.

SL2 limited 970gr
shifting - Sram Red (within a few weeks all black((der f+r tuned with nylon bolts))
Brakes - Zero G
Stem - Thomson elite
Zadelpen - Thomson Masterpiece (tuned with new Ultimate jokes)
Saddle - Toupe 2008
Bar - 3T ergonova
Crank - Zipp Vuma 50/39
Pedal - Speedplay zero
cages - Speedplay
Wheels - roval full carbon clincher rim with SoulKozak front and M5 rear hub
Cables - Niro turbo plus aluminium
Tires - Conti 4000s
Chain - KMC x10sl
Last edited by biky on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ciclistarapdio

by ciclistarapdio

SICK!

tinchy

by tinchy

respeeeect!

odin99

by odin99

its calling for some black sram red!

biky

by biky

It´s comin!!
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009

tochnics

by tochnics

nicely done

what is the weight?
did you have the wheelset relaced with lighter hubs or did you have the rims separatly ordert ?
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

This posting was perfectly timed. I've been going back and forth between selling mine and getting a CAAD or a no name frame or just repainting it (similar to your theme) and maybe switching up some of the components.
After seeing this, is once again pushing me to keeping the frame and doing some painting and maybe some wheels.

Looks great, are the decals painted or stickers? Did you do this yourself or did you have someone do it?

biky

by biky

LittleSprinter wrote:This posting was perfectly timed. I've been going back and forth between selling mine and getting a CAAD or a no name frame or just repainting it (similar to your theme) and maybe switching up some of the components.
After seeing this, is once again pushing me to keeping the frame and doing some painting and maybe some wheels.

Looks great, are the decals painted or stickers? Did you do this yourself or did you have someone do it?

I sanded the frame myself and took it to a paintshop here in Holland... took them 2 times to get it right.
the decals are stickers (I gave them al the sizes from a recent S-works (size 52) and got the Idea for the fork from the 2011 specialized bikes)

tochnics wrote:nicely done

what is the weight?
did you have the wheelset relaced with lighter hubs or did you have the rims separatly ordert ?

Weight is 6.18 kg to be precies.
I got a set of roval wheels for cheap from the Specialized warrenty department and took the hubs out and respoked them with these hubs.
Not really light at 1400gr but work out great (rims are old reynolds for as far as I know)
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Well it looks great, I hope you don't mind, but I may consider doing something similar. Here is mine now. It was painted this way after I had it repaired and am just not happy with the way it looks.
I was going to have it actually painted black, not clear coat to see carbon. Then have a small Specialized on the downtube, S on the headtube and BB, Tarmac SL2 on the inside of the chainstays and I really like the detail of the Specialized on the fork. Considering though having nothing on the downtube.

biky

by biky

No problemo!!

take it ..do what you want!

I took my design from the prototype A.Schleck was riding on (I believe at giro 2008)
Tarmac SL2
Epic 2009

AlxpreMD

by AlxpreMD

Very nice! I just got a 2009 S-Works... I would like to do a repaint as well, who/how did you go about doing it? Mine is simply flat black right now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com