the Massachusetts project updates p9 and p10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ProfessorChaos wrote:
sholiday wrote:
timintense wrote:love this parlee, its my favourite, looking forward to seeing it with the berk seat/post combo

I just built up a Parlee Z3 with a Berk Saddle/seatpost combo (click on the link in my signature). I have 2 one is 119.5g using nano carbon and the other is 134.4g using standard carbon. They are more comfortable than people think. I was using Fizik K:1s on all my bikes and this is only slightly less comfortable. On long >3hr rides I switch out the post/saddle for the K:1 and Enve seatpost.

Mine isn't for a Parlee, it's for a Cervelo S2, and therefore it will be much heavier, but the comfort level should be similar. I can't wait to ride it. I use a SLR Kit Carbonio Flow currently, so the shape should be pretty similar.

Mine is the SLR shape.. Ive been running a kit carbonio SLR before and the Berk is so much nicer..
It's a touch flatter and the post is a lot more compliant than my extralite or new ultimate post.
I've done up to six hours at a time on mine... It's real nice.
I'll defantly be getting another when I build another bike.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

sugarkane wrote:Mine is the SLR shape.. Ive been running a kit carbonio SLR before and the Berk is so much nicer..
It's a touch flatter and the post is a lot more compliant than my extralite or new ultimate post.
I've done up to six hours at a time on mine... It's real nice.
I'll defantly be getting another when I build another bike.

Good to know, sir. I guess I can go ahead, and transfer the current saddle to my backup bike now. Jure, just sent me an email. The supports just got added, and he is going to lacquer the post tomorrow. So it should be on it's way real soon. I'm real excited about this. It will get my heavy aero S2 under 13lbs, which I consider quite a feat for an aero frame road bike. Speaking of aero, and Parlee. I hear they are planning to release their aero road bike in the next year as a production model like the Z5.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Playing the waiting game right now..

Have a bush kit for my rear hub, SR 2012 mechs and shifters, Ti butterfly's, neg G GSL barkes and a new set of extralite jockeys for the new rear mech all in the post.. Ohh and a new cassette which the bike needs.

With these additions it should slide into the low 5.3 kg bracket :thumbup:

Also have a set of DLC cables and a new set of hsc ceramic bearings for the rear hub already in my Workshop.

While im waiting I pulled the cables, mechs etc and put the complete cable system on the scales..
I got 95g.. Pretty impressive. Removing the ilinks from deep inside the campag ergo's not so much fun but I got it done in the end..

I'll have to post a rebuild spread.
Last edited by sugarkane on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Oops dup!!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

now running super record 2012..
DLC cables and GSL brakes
i have some Ti butterflies in the post and some alloy and Ti shifter bands in the works
should sneak under the 5.3 bracket

pretty happy with the results, the 2012 SR is just a bit better than the older stuff, not heaps different but a bit more refined

kgt

by kgt

Sorry but the saddle's position is wrong. It should be level or almost level. You don't have to hurt your body in order to gain a few grams.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

kgt wrote:Sorry but the saddle's position is wrong. It should be level or almost level. You don't have to hurt your body in order to gain a few grams.

Bikes not on a level surface...
The saddle has a 0.5 degree drop. It's pretty dam comfortable

kgt

by kgt

I compared it to the railing and the surface seems pretty level to me. Anyway if it works for you its fine. Enjoy it! :thumbup:
Last edited by kgt on Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

kgt wrote:I compared it to the railing and the surface seems pretty level to me. Anyway if it works for you its fine. Enhoy it! :thumbup:

look at the front and rear wheel...

front wheel is down the hill so to speak

Krull

by Krull

a stroke of good fortune, that the saddle/post combi fits to your seat-position.

i, f.e., couldnt use it, because it offers to less saddle-setback for my needs (maybe it would work, theoretically, by using a frame with 71° seat-angle, but this is not available in my size).

anyway: the bike is amazing and looks fantastic! good ride!

btw: i have to say: i really love it with the low-rim-wheels on side 2! perfect!

jsinclair

by jsinclair

this bike is hectic. best parlee on the forum.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

jsinclair wrote:this bike is hectic. best parlee on the forum.

Haha yours is pretty spectacular bro

billspreston

by billspreston

Looking great kane. Getting light!

Time to trim the cables. It's OK, I have new group cable length anxiety disorder as well :mrgreen:

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

i'm leaving the cables long for a few hundred kms.. re adjusting especially the shift cables when you don't have enough to get a good hold on is not a fun game

last couple of things arrived today from this latest round of optimisations
Ti speedplay butterflies, and 7mm removed from my steerer tube to account for the lower stack hight on my new sidi shoes ( and an extra 3mm cause i only had a 3mm ultralite headset spacer left ) and here is the result...

leosantos

by leosantos

love your bike for a few months now but only now had to post: isnt it a great thing to be able to lower your saddle, center of gravity, stem, cut some weight, look nicer, etc just because you swapped pedals/shoes?? also, how do you like the spindle being shorter? I personaly didnt.. I tried the 50mm spindle lenght but had to go back to the standard 53mm, since it did feel different, too narrow for me.
p.s. it is not only the sidi shoes and pedals that we use in commom.. I also have the very same (cheap, lets admit) hangging scale.. is your accurate at all? mine will vary 50gr in my bike´s weight every now and them!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com