the Massachusetts project updates p9 and p10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

leosantos wrote:love your bike for a few months now but only now had to post: isnt it a great thing to be able to lower your saddle, center of gravity, stem, cut some weight, look nicer, etc just because you swapped pedals/shoes?? also, how do you like the spindle being shorter? I personaly didnt.. I tried the 50mm spindle lenght but had to go back to the standard 53mm, since it did feel different, too narrow for me.
p.s. it is not only the sidi shoes and pedals that we use in commom.. I also have the very same (cheap, lets admit) hangging scale.. is your accurate at all? mine will vary 50gr in my bike´s weight every now and them!

Haha I got std axles. No point in messin with that. I do like that the sidi ergo3 speedplay shoes allowed me to lower my whole postion on the bike by 4mm. Thing is I already had a 10mm ultra lite spacer on my bike and while I have plenty of carbon headset spacers I had only the 3mm in the ultralight config so i had to take 7mm off the steerer tube instead of jUst 4..
Looks great though as there is only a 3mm spacer between topcap and stem now.

My scales read at least 20g heavy, they are not that accurate but they are consistent which is a start

So final specs...

2011 med parlee z5 custom finish
Campag 2012 super record shifters, mechs, chain and cassette
... Tuned with extralite jockey wheels, alloy and one nlyon bolt
THM m3 170mm crankset with
... compact spider, ceramic THM bb30 BB, praxis compact rings, extralite chainring bolts
2011 neg-g GSL brakes, evne pads in rear, cryo blue pads front. Tuned Ti pinch bolts
I-link brake housings, I-link mini shifter housings with DLC cables.
3t ergonova 40cm ltd bars
Extralite 90mm OC stem
Extralite topcap and expander
Emporelli Dolomiti cages with extralite bottle cage bolts
The 5g deda dog fang catcher
Lizards skin dps race tape
Speedplay zero peddles tuned with ward axels and dulight Ti butterfly's
MFCK black Ti seat post clamp
Extralite enve 45 tubby wheel set with veloflex extreme up front and conti comp in the back
... Ceramic upgrades and token y-cut carbon skewers
Berk mixed finish SLR combo

No steel bolts, a few Ti, alloy and nylons ones though.

5.30kgs :mrgreen:

leosantos

by leosantos

naiiiiice!

i read somewhere that 4-hole DMT shoes have an even lower stack height from where you attach the cleats to.. damm just missed an extra cheap dmt speedplay at ebay today! my size!

wherever, loving your parlee, u just got 1kg lighter than my ride, and its a c'dale evo for C' sake !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Don't beleave the hype. You can't get an off the rack evo under 5.5 with out a lot of work and monies :mrgreen:

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

put it on a set of parks scales today.. as expected its a bit lighter than my cheap scales read

:mrgreen:

happy with that..

leosantos

by leosantos

so I see what my next upgrade is, a new park tool scale lol!

btw, how do u like the emporellis? I almost got an used pair soo cheap at ebay last week, but the seller, very honest and straight, told me they drop his bottles on rough pavements.. just the kind we have so often here in Brazil. he advised me into BTP cages though

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

leosantos wrote:so I see what my next upgrade is, a new park tool scale lol!

btw, how do u like the emporellis? I almost got an used pair soo cheap at ebay last week, but the seller, very honest and straight, told me they drop his bottles on rough pavements.. just the kind we have so often here in Brazil. he advised me into BTP cages though

Haha I have been using a set of scales from china that cost me $3 inc shipping.

I was aware they read over but 20-30g
The parks scales down the shops confirmed this..

I love my emporellis. I've only ever spat one bottle and it was full and I hit a very large pot hole.
I haven't had any other issues, I bunny hop shit at 60kph with two bottles etc and never think about the prospect of spitting the bottles.

I use camalbacks by the way.. A narrow bottle could be a different kettle of fish though.

Liggero

by Liggero

where did you purchase the ti butterflies for the speedplays and the ti bolts for them. thanks.
Happy Trails !!!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Liggero wrote:where did you purchase the ti butterflies for the speedplays and the ti bolts for them. thanks.

From www.dulight.fr

sholiday

by sholiday

leosantos wrote:naiiiiice!

i read somewhere that 4-hole DMT shoes have an even lower stack height from where you attach the cleats to.. damm just missed an extra cheap dmt speedplay at ebay today! my size!

wherever, loving your parlee, u just got 1kg lighter than my ride, and its a c'dale evo for C' sake !

Competitive Cyclist has brand new DMT Speedplay soles on sale (2010 & 2011 models) for really cheap prices.
Parlee Z3 4.94kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101920
Wilier Cento Uno SL 5.52kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101957

leosantos

by leosantos

true but only size 41.. Tks! im 44-45

sorry to momentarily hijack your thread sugar(kane) hehehe.. it wont happen again!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

new brakes in preparation for a set of smart wheels

ImageImage

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

a little bit of man craft tonight..
the ilink housing is 0.3-0.4mm to large to fit into the EE brake barrel adjuster. So i got out a file and remodeled enough of the links to reach all the way to the bottom of the adjusters... it was working before with one filed down link to guide the cable run but this is a much better solution.. how many links need to be filed down? 4..

i figure this is worth sharing as ilinks are pretty popular these days and using a small length of normal cable is always a crap solution to this kinda problem

pre moding

post moding

also i enlarged the cable exit at the bottom of the adjuster barrel a touch to allow a small section of liner to be used to stop any cable on ti rub occurring

add the new segments to the one that was originally moded to aid the cable alignment and bingo, looks good :D

done and installed.. zero cable drag or any chance of it :thumbup:

jmilliron

by jmilliron

What a sweet WW setup. :thumbup:
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

it gets better..

ok so time for a photo bomb..

new wheels, veloflex carbons, 52/36 rings and a how to press a campag chain with out a $180 chain breaker :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ImageImageImage