Pegoretti Responsorium - UPDATED -new wheels = new bike!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

Afraid not.

I know Continental Competitions are not the favoured tubular for many, but I have 8 sets of tubular wheels all with Conti's glued on and it just makes always having a spare that bit simpler to use the same rubber on every pair. Not the most supple rubber I know, but have never had a problem with wobble or puncture resistance.

Not keen on Vittoria and availability on Veloflex makes them a bit prohibitive. Although I was strongly tempted by Veloflex this time around to get a more supple ride, but couldn't track any down.

LionelB

by LionelB

Really, Veloflex are quite easy to find, for example here at 57E: http://www.velo-motion.com/index.php?ca ... ular-.html

You are missing out big time!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidrichardson

by davidrichardson

http://www.velorefined.co.uk/Veloflex.htm

Seth should have the Veloflex in stock. Not a million miles away from you either!
Tester for PMR@cing / www.Biketart.com

davidrichardson

by davidrichardson

Did you weigh it in the end to?
Tester for PMR@cing / www.Biketart.com

jghall

by jghall

Wow, beautiful bikes. Both of them.

Appreciate your candor too.

solarider

by solarider

Hyperons Ultra 2's now in place. Wow, what a transformation! Still stiff, but a little more forgiving.

Slightly lower pressure and shallow section rims have made a world of difference.

I had some Hyperons when they first came out, and Campagnolo certainly got it right first time there! Apart from the Cermaic bearings, they look and feel just the same way they did 10'ish years ago. I hadn't considered them for a few years as surely "new tech must be better", but they are superb wheels and hopefully as bomb proof as I remember them.

Just need to tip the saddle nose down a little and I am back in love with the bike!

PS - excuse the chainline, I wouldn't dream of riding that gear, I had just swapped the wheels out when I took the shot.

LionelB

by LionelB

please remove the valve caps, it hurts my eyes. :shock:

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I was thinking about getting a set of those wheels. How do you like them?

solarider

by solarider

Don't usually fit them. Not sure possessed me this morning!

Now removed. School boy error!

dcj9

by dcj9

pleased you are back in love with the bike. i am still very taken with the baby blue base colour.

solarider

by solarider

Loving the wheels. Strong, supple, really smooth bearings, and a run forever freehub. Don't be put off by the age, Hyperons still hold their own. The hubs are beautiful, and the rims are perfectly true and aligned. Absolutely no sense of brake pulse. The internal nipples might seem like a problem, but they really do never need truing, so not too much of a problem.

Only downside since the originals is that the decals are now stickers on top of the lacquer whereas the originals were under the lacquer.