Pegoretti Responsorium - UPDATED -new wheels = new bike!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

Well, it has taken 9 months, was due in April and finally arrived this week!

These were taken in the shop when it arrived yesterday, and I have yet to see it in the flesh, but it apparently looks stunning. Great detail work. Seems to have been quite a few new Pegoretti's on here lately. Seems to contradict how rare they are, how individual and how long you have to wait!

I am currently riding in the Alps and itching to get my hands on the frame to build it up when I get back. Will post some pictures of the finished article. Super Record, Zipp 404s, Chris King, Deda finishing kit etc.

Loving the finish. Wanted a baby blue base with multicoloured accents and to show the stainless tubing through (which is the grey on the downtube). I have however asked Dario to confirm who the hell Marco is in the last picture! Have confirmed that this is indeed my frame (not Marco's), and that it was built by Dario (not Marco), so he is a bit of a mystery. Apparently there is some Italian swearing written below that on the seat stay in pink which doesn't show up well in the photo. I guess a bit of a bonkers touch is the price you pay for Dario's genius elsewhere.

Will be a nice match for my Duende:

Last edited by solarider on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Those rear dropouts are so beautifully crafted :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

Great looking frame also think it will look great with the build you have planned.
Ciavete is one of those finishes you just have to except the roll of the dice, and
your lucky "DOUBLE SIX" :mrgreen:
Great you went for painted fork TOO!
Last edited by Roobay on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

gumgardner

by gumgardner

That Pegoretti looks to nice to ride. It looks like it should be hanging on a wall :thumbup:

dcj9

by dcj9

lovely colour combination. great frame. looking forward to the build :thumbup:

balayeur

by balayeur

i so heart these bikes

DamoRider

by DamoRider

I love the bikes and can't wait to see the frame built-up; but could you possibly have more spacers under the stem??? I am assuming you aren't a young man :wink:

fa63

by fa63

Pegorettis are nice, but I think they would look so much better with a slightly sloping top tube in the larger sizes. With a level top tube, I think the headtube looks a bit weird. Still better than a big stack of spacers though.

Enjoy your new bike : thumbup:

Timo

by Timo

May I ask what the tube diameters are for the Duente frame?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

solarider

by solarider

Will post more pictures of both bikes when the Responsorium is built, but the Duende spacer 'issue' has now been addressed to a certain extent. I have removed 1cm of spacers. The pictures were taken when it was first built, and I always work on the principle that you can cut a steerer if it is too long, but if it is too short, you are in trouble! I am not 'Mr Flexible', although with my hands on the drops my back is perfectly flat. Pegoretti's geometry and extended headtube works perfectly for me. I can ride all day in total comfort and always have the drops to fall back on if I want to get more aero. It is crazy the number of 'bum in the air/head down' cyclists you see riding on the hoods because they can't reach the drops and want to look like the pros. Road bars have 3 positions (tops/hoods/drops), and it seems a shame not to be able to use them all.

A few other things have changed on the Duende including a K:1 saddle and although I still have the Zipps, I now also have a set of Ambrosio Nemesis built onto NOS silver Record hubs which complement the bike more.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

The Duende uses some pretty large tubing. Not sure of the exact diameter but I will measure it when I get back home. If it helps, the front end of the Duende and Marcelo are identical, so the diameter should be the same as a 58cm Marcelo. The only difference between the 2 frames is the rear triangle, which I found to be a more pleasing match with the steel fork on the Duende. The Marcelo is nice with a carbon front end, but with steel looked a bit imbalanced.

I have a few other bikes, and they all have sloping top tubes. I must admit though, I am starting to warm back to level top tubes on certain bikes, but not all.

LionelB

by LionelB

This thing is gorgeous.

Timo

by Timo

solarider wrote:The Duende uses some pretty large tubing. Not sure of the exact diameter but I will measure it when I get back home. If it helps, the front end of the Duende and Marcelo are identical, so the diameter should be the same as a 58cm Marcelo. The only difference between the 2 frames is the rear triangle, which I found to be a more pleasing match with the steel fork on the Duende. The Marcelo is nice with a carbon front end, but with steel looked a bit imbalanced.

I have a few other bikes, and they all have sloping top tubes. I must admit though, I am starting to warm back to level top tubes on certain bikes, but not all.

Thanks! I would very much appreciate it if you could measure the tubes. Or if one of the other forum members has this info?

Greetz,
Timo :thumbup:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

What fork is that on the new frameset?
I liked more the steel fork :wink:

LionelB

by LionelB

Marcelo has 38mm downtube and 24mm CS chainstays.

Timo

by Timo

LionelB wrote:Marcelo has 38mm downtube and 24mm CS chainstays.

Thanks! Any info on the toptube and seattube?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com