Moots Vamoots RSL - 6140g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by 855

lightweight, expensive and, i´m so sorry, but: ugly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

Yeh. It looked better before the "upgrades"

elfuinha

by elfuinha

1st - I think everyone is entitled to an opinion.
2nd - But let's face it, mine is the only one that matters, also as many in here, mine post is not to seek anyone's approval.
3rd - I like the bike as it is now, than it started to be.

The filling of ride is different to, it's stiffer on the front end
Something I couldn't have with the Ax-lightness fork and Extradite Stem. Also according to a fellow WW, that comment the RSL doesn't have thin tubes on front triangle, and he is right, so I think the fork isn't out of place.
And if you have seen the stock RSL fork, thats is also as bulky but with no brake in it, will know that this fork, isn't out of place.
Best regards
And thanks for the comments good and bad.

About the pictures I'm trying to get better.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

So, these frames cost an arm and a leg but they do not even used butted tubes and do not use machined headtubes that allow the fitting of integrated headsets.

solarider

by solarider

Make no mistake, Moots RSL frames are expensive for a reason. Fantastic pieces of craftsmanship.

The tubes are extensively butted.

They feature 3al 2.5v titanium main tubes and 6al4v titanium for the seat stays and dropouts.

They are available with a 44mm head tube, but the OP chose not to I guess.

Great bikes. I have the road and CX versions, and they are both keepers.

But, I must admit, this one just doesn't look 'right'.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Hello thank you for your posts.

I've decided to do some cosmetic changes to my bike.

1st - have send the bar and stem to Berk, to do a barstem combo, covering the stem with 3k fibers with the same thread as the handlebar. The joint will be in UD, with the new garmin Kedge Garmin integrated in it, like Appleman and Calfee. All in matt clear coat with a small Berk logo in the front. I will post pictures as soon as Berk sends them to me.

2nd - I've asked Berk, if he can put the the same 3k thread in the headset spacers, with same finish.

3rd - Thm Scapula F, will be sent tomorrow to THM, to remove the grey decals, and put black ones like I originally ordered. Matt as well.

4st - seapost and saddle, will be clear coated in matt. The saddle is already matt, but as turned in to gloss, where the legs rub.the clear coat from the seatpost is a little yellow front use and age.

Everything should take up to 3 weeks.

I initially was thinking in buying the MCFK Stem, but buying a new stem for doing a combo, with the lost of stiffess going from the Ritchey to the MCFK, the costs weren't valid.

Best regards

Elrey

by Elrey

Wow. Please re-size.

stuka666

by stuka666

Other than I had to connect the laptop to the led in the living room to see the bike, I think it's great, exception for the spacers/stem combination.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

There are things that don't come by chance...
If I haven't decided to do a barstem combo, I will never would take attention to this:

Since I've taken the handlebar and stem and send it to Berk, I decided to take the fork to and send it to THM, to remove the current logos and put some black ones... After removing the fork I realized that one of the carbon loops that hold the barrel where the brake cable pass and the bolt clamps the cable is cracked or at least it seems to be as I'm no carbon expert.
Before any accident happens, I asked Thm to take a look at it and if it's really cracked to apply warranty and fix or replace the Fork.

Since THM, have been great in communication and have answered all my questions, I don't think it will be a problem, besides the time I will not ride the bike waiting for the fork.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
nagge wrote:How has the matte clear on the saddle held up? Has it gotten shiny from wear?

Yes it's shiny from wear, here the legs rub.

Best regards

Problem solved by using green Scotchbrit, matt look restore, also use it on the seatpost and is matt as well. Finishing and cleaning with Bruno carbonpledge. Looks very good.

Also will return the Lightweight Bottlecages to the store where I bought them, BECAUSE:

Only tacx bottles can be used, others are to small.
One cage is more tight than the other, and wen carrying an empty bottle, the bottle seems loose, and rattles like hell on bad roads, making me so pissed off, that think to trow it way.
Will be on king cages, that are way better and noise free for 22g more...

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Fork already at THM, for painting and
repair. Will take 4 weeks to be ready.

Barstem on Berk, should have pictures on the end of the week.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
Barstem on Berk, should have pictures on the end of the week.

here is a work in progresso of the barstem combo:

tool to take screen snapshot

image upload no limit

elfuinha

by elfuinha

here is the finished Product on the way:

screen shots

screen shot on pc

screen capture

uploading images

another great job by BERK.

Regards