R3 Madone Dogma updated page 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cnbky

by cnbky

Hello all - long time follower first time shower

The R3 is at 7.1kg - wheels came oabout 50g above claimed, but thats expected from mavic. Cosmics were replaced with a set of 404 clinchers, quite happy with the swap. Most noticeable are the finer hubs. The cosmics are stiff taking into account its budget price.

My older bike is a Trek Madone 4.5 with DA and 105 mix. Ill never actually sell that as its quite sentimental.

DSC_0047 by canbakay, on Flickr

DSC_0044 by canbakay, on Flickr

DSC_0038 by canbakay, on Flickr
Last edited by cnbky on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.

fa63

by fa63

That is a great looking ride; would look even better without the gaudy Cosmic stickers IMO.

Anyways, enjoy the ride :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

termitelight

by termitelight

sweet ride,i like how all the colors blend together :thumbup: cannot wait to see the other "family members" you were talking bikes ,right? :D

cnbky

by cnbky

photo by canbakay, on Flickr

here is the Trek, the 105 is slowly but surely being replaced with DA - as i find good deals...half way or so there.
not the most aggressive bike but fits like a glove!! I always appreciate Treks build quality and paint finishing, the attention to detail is great, but not the lightest but at 7.4.

deltasierra

by deltasierra

Since you are talking about additional bike, vs replacement, spend that Venge money on a couple sets of hand built wheels, Campy SR, and a custom (metal) frameset. You've got carbon nicely covered for a couple years.

cnbky

by cnbky

My quest ended with a sky dogma and i couldn't be happier!

The stem is switching to the deda sky ed., the handlebar to erganova LTD (really hoping the grey will match the stem :? !!) and the skewers will go titanium. also a lighter bartape.

Im also contemplating whether the red graphics should go blue and if the sky writing should go off...(i thought ida removed it first thing, but in person they actually are pretty nice!!)

please tell me what you think about the bike, more weight loss points (without tubies and different saddle and about the graphics :D

the extra bits haven't been cut yet (will do thursday) so im guessing with the cuts and different cockpit it will loose about 165g 8) to 6975g/15.37lbs ----> goal is 6.79 :D (size 57.5)

Full build list and proper photos are to follow but for now here are some work-in-progress snaps.

photo-1 by canbakay, on Flickr

photo-2 by canbakay, on Flickr

(awkward chain position)

thanks all!!

fa63

by fa63

I am not a fan of the Dogma in general, but I think it looks pretty good with that Sky paintjob :thumbup:

With that said, I would personally take the Sky stickers off (I am guessing they are stickers?).

eurperg

by eurperg

Great looking bikes but they all scream for full carbon wheels... I just hate the look of aluminum brake track.

dopesick187

by dopesick187

+1 on the brake track. Ditch the sky graphics, paint the red blue, finish chopping the fork, arundel cages, and change the bar tape to black - maybe dsp race. I'm also not much of a believer in mixing components. If you're going with a Deda stem, you should go with Deda bars and so forth. Not sure why you're asking for weight loss points, if you were bothered you wouldn't have got a dogma. You could always tune the RD, and change out the crank, if you don't want to do that change the rings for ct2's. Change the pedals for carbon ti blades. Then from there on in it becomes expensive changes such as custom built wheels, ax brakes with power cordz etc.

cnbky

by cnbky

yeah im not too bothered with the weight because i know when i get 202s or reynolds 46 maybe custom it'll be under the weight i wanned it initially...quite under.

the fork is going, so it the bar tape to black. probably lighter all black chainrings too...the graphics ill see once the bike is ready in a few days... :D but it think they are coming off. (They are stickers fortunately)

black break track is a love hate for me unfortunately because even in the summer we got a good amount of rain in london, not to mention the bad roads! Im keeping an eye on a good second hand pair to come along then i can justify it!

i do see what you mean with mixing components, i always matched before but the sky stem matches it too good and is 107g...the erganova ltd (best bar for my hands) has no writing on it, just hoping the colour will match the deda writing - pretty sure it will. had a go on deda bars, really didn't like it...

ti pedals on their way :D
also working on the red to blue but will happen

6.9 easily doable with minimal spending - 6.4-6.5 with tubs

thanks for the comments

dopesick187

by dopesick187

Rain and bad roads? You wanna try living in the peak district! :wink:

cnbky

by cnbky

a few changes to drop the weight and quite successfully - 303/404 tubular combo with vittoria cxs, 3t ltd cockpit, chopped the fork and lighter and black bar tape..

the previous weight was false the actual weight turned out to be 7.34 before all the upgrades. now it is at 6680g!!!! - working on the full build list.

photo-1 by canbakay, on Flickr

stickers or no stickers???

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

I'm all for stickerlessness, but in this case, i'd go with stickers :wink:

fa63

by fa63

CarlTroy wrote:I'm all for stickerlessness, but in this case, i'd go with stickers :wink:

Agreed.

cnbky

by cnbky

they need new ones, they werent centred perfectly....also they were getting pretty worn out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com