Cyfac Absolu and Cadence

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

Absolu + Lightning crankset = Want. to. look. at. the. pictures. :D !!!!

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

It's in customs now and they are giving me a hard time to clear it!
Should be next week..

robertbb

by robertbb

Hiya,
I've read that the adjustable clamp (the one which allows multiple fore-aft positions) will fit Ridley Helium ISP. (Not surprised, some of the joins and design queues on the Helium and Absolu are veeery similar). The clamp that came with my Helium is the non-adjustable one (fixed with aft position -20mm). Are you able to take a couple of close-up shots of the adjustable clamp (shape of the opening, the clamping mechanism itself, the adjustable positions)? If it looks about right, I'll see if I can get one from Cyfac (unless you feel like kicking yours my way for a few quid if you're not going to use it ;-) ) - I'm having difficulty sourcing a Ridley one.
Cheers,
Rob.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Hi,

The one which allows multiple (2) fore-aft position does that by moving the rail support to another threaded hole. There are 2 threaded holes. The saddle angle is set by ridges in the rail support.
The fixed position one allows micro-adjustment of the saddle tilt, but not fore-aft adjustment.
There is also a 3rd one (which i dont have) which is a forward post.

robertbb

by robertbb

Thanks strobbekoen,
I'm guessing that if there is a third, fixed set-forward clamp, the adjustable one with the threaded holes allows both neutral and set-back positions... are you able to post any photos of this one?
Cheers,

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Yes, i will make some photos for you tomorrow as it's midnight here now :D

Dman

by Dman

Good tip with opening the seat-mast clamp. I would have learnt the hard way. :beerchug:

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

You are welcome :)

The cranks are still in customs so I am still waiting..

robertbb

by robertbb

/me waits patiently for pics of the clamp... :-) :wink:

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

sorry..

The first design is a 2-setback system. the bolt can be threaded into 2 different positions, about 1cm apart. the tilt of the saddle is established by the ridged wedge (I dont like this to get the saddle tilt right).

ImageImage

The second design is a fixed setback system - this is similar to many other seatposts where the front bolt determines the saddle tilt and the rear bolt torques it down.

robertbb

by robertbb

Thanks mate :thumbup: The second clamp (fixed position) is identical to the Ridley Helium clamp. The first (adjustable fore-aft) therefore should fit the Helium.

Interestingly, the adjustable Ridley clamp is described as 3-position, not 2-position. I'm trying to get my hands on that one, but unfortunately no Ridley dealer in Australia seems to be able to help. I've contacted Ridley directly, and if I can get my hands on one from them, I'll post pics. If by some chance I can't, would you be willing to part with yours? (I'm fine with a fixed/level tilt, and need neutral setback so judging by the pic the 2-position one would work well too).

Cheers. :beerchug:

rjfrzb

by rjfrzb

The one which came with my Absolu is different than the one shown. It has two bolts for adjusting the saddle angle, with the forword bolt having an adjusting wheel as the head of the bolt is hidden and the rearward an allen bolt. I'll try to post pictures as time permits. For and aft is adjustable within the limits of the seat rail.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

How much does it weigh?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

rjfrzb wrote:The one which came with my Absolu is different than the one shown. It has two bolts for adjusting the saddle angle, with the forword bolt having an adjusting wheel as the head of the bolt is hidden and the rearward an allen bolt. I'll try to post pictures as time permits. For and aft is adjustable within the limits of the seat rail.

That's the one as shown mounted on the bike, the way you describe yours seems exactly what I got too.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

prendrefeu wrote:How much does it weigh?

Alex, it's 116g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com