COLNAGO C64 SILVER STICKER ON B. BRACKET

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HoracioC64

by HoracioC64

Hi Everyone! First post here.

I own a Colnago C64 PJBI Rim Brake.
While riding my chain felt off and scratched a sticker the frame had, I have been searching but didnt get an answer what was the function or if that sticker has something to do with guarantee. Since it was al scrathched i remove the sticker.
This pictures show the sticker im talking about and the other one my bike after i removed the sticker.
Does removing the sticker affects in anyway the frame? or does anybody know if its possible to get from Colnago this sticker.
After i removed the sticker it feels that where the sticker was is now on a diferent layer of paint.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Calnago wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:02 pm
Look565w wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 am

What does the “silver logo” on the lug mean? Do you have any idea, Calnago?
I don't know what that little logo itself actually "means", but in a nutshell my understanding is that during production, it’s an open hole that they can peek in and make sure everything is going ok, and perhaps even have better access to the insides to make sure the cable routing holes are free of any carbon residue from the molds, at least that'd be my guess. Then they plug it up at the end and cover it with that logo. Curious why they did that and brought such conspicuous attention to it... not sure why they just don't plug it up and finish it perfectly along with the rest of the lug. Mabye they want to brag about how they're checking every little detail along the way during the production process.
From viewtopic.php?f=10&t=150143 By the much missed Calnago. Well worth a read.

HoracioC64

by HoracioC64

Thanks! So does having the sticker removed has no negative effect on the frame at all besides the esthetic point of view?
I was worried because after it got removed it felt as if i had removed a layer of paint.

mrfish

by mrfish

Your frame is now 1g lighter. What's not to like?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

removal of sticker is not structural. you should thank the sticker that it saved your frame from scratches from the chain and you should put another frame protector there.

HoracioC64

by HoracioC64

Thanks Mike.
I get it then ill plae some contact to protect the frame similar to the one i use on the chainstay.
I was worried because after removing the sticker the spot was on a lower level of paint so i thought it would affect somehow.
After reading Calnagos post i get that the sticker function was precisely to cover this non painted spot and avoid it lloking as it looks now on mine.
I will just place contact then!

ms6073

by ms6073

mike wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:50 pm
removal of sticker is not structural.
I think he has runined that frame and needs to source a replacement, during which time I will be happy to take the old one off his hands. :beerchug:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com