Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 2017 Cannondale Evo eTap
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm 

Location: Physically in Montréal, but my mind is in the Pyrénées
Here's my mostly stock Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod eTap. It was 6.5kg out of the box (so without pedals and cages) and now stands at 6.1kg all in without too much effort, there is potential to easily go much lighter.

The picture doesn't do that color justice though. Cannondale calls it Acid Red but in real life, it's like if someone dropped some fluorescent orange into a bucket of bright Ferrari red, it's incredibly luminous and more neon orange depending of the lighting but it looks much more like a standard red in photos...

Frame: Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2 Hi-Mod • 54cm
Fork: Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2 Hi-Mod
Crankset: SRAM Red BB30a • 172.5
Chainrings: SRAM Red • 36/52
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale alloy PF30
Shifters: SRAM Red eTap
Cassette: SRAM Red 22 XG-1190 • 11-28
Chain: KMC X11SL
Front Derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
Wheels: Cannondale Hollowgram Si
Skewers: KCNC Ti
Tires: Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II • 700x25
Tubes: Continental Race 28 Light • 60mm valves
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti
Brakes: Cane Creek made EE Brakes
Brake pads: SwissStop Black Prince
Brake cables: stock SRAM but with Nokon rear loop and a few links where it enters the headtube
Handlebar: Cannondale Escape Carbon • 42cm
Bar tape: Fizik Superlight soft touch
Stem: Cannondale C1 with integrated Garmin mount • 100mm
Headset: Cannondale SI • 15mm cone + 5mm spacer under and over the stem
Saddle: Fizik Antares 00
Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE • 350mm long stock but I cut around 90mm off including the metal Di2 battery holder
Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible

Post subject: 2017 Cannondale Evo eTap
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 pm 

If I were to buy another Evo, it would definitely be this one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm 

Nice!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm 

Great bike! I have the Blue from 2016 built DAdi2 and it is awesome!!

any idea what the weight on the wheels is?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:51 pm 

Belle machine!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 pm 

dak wrote:

Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.

The stock skewers work great, smooth internal cam à la Shimano... but they weigh a ton! I'm pretty sure the hubs are made by Formula, no play, front one spins quite nicely, rear one has a little more drag, maybe the seals will have less drag after some mileage. Cannondale didn't want to share who manufactures the rims with me but, they told me they are designed by Cannondale, made to their specs in Taiwan (reading between the lines, I think I know who but can't tell for sure). They seem well built though, tension is good and the brake track has a fine micro texture that sounds a little like a more subtle Mavic Exalith 'bzzzzz'... Before I got the bike I thought it might be one of the first thing I'd change but now I'll start with them and see how they ride and handle braking.

One thing about the rims though, the internal cavity isn't deep so changing tires is hard, very tight. I never bothered carrying tire levers ever as I always could easily change tires by hand but I think I'll start carrying them now. After trying by hand a while and some french canadian swearing, I needed levers to take the stock tires off and I managed to put the Continentals on by hand, but my thumbs could still feel the effort two days later! :) Maybe using thinner tape like Stan's could help, or once the tires age a bit... They do give tires a nice width though. At under 100psi, the Conti GP4000 25's measure 27mm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:40 am 

Damn that looks smooth. Can you get rid of the stem decals with some acetone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 am 

Looks great. Do the decals come off the rims? I had issues with the wheel well on xentis rims - I switched to veloplugs to buy a little extra room but still needed levers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:39 am 

rekhyt wrote:
Damn that looks smooth. Can you get rid of the stem decals with some acetone?

Yeah it would look much better if the stem was all black, it looks painted but, perhaps I'll see if it can rubbed off.

NiFTY wrote:
Looks great. Do the decals come off the rims? I had issues with the wheel well on xentis rims - I switched to veloplugs to buy a little extra room but still needed levers.

I took off the small 'made in Taiwan' decals and it was a piece of cake, they didn't even left glue residue, I think they could be taken off easily yes, I was thinking about it but I think I'll keep them on until I try them... If they're keepers, I might take them off but if I decide to sell them eventually, maybe it's best if I leave them on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 am 

This is one sexy bike!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 am 

That is perfect.
Wow.

Many a happy mile on her!!! Enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:07 am 

Very nice, great choice of colour. !!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:47 am 

Dan Gerous wrote:
dak wrote:

Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.

The stock skewers work great, smooth internal cam à la Shimano... but they weigh a ton! I'm pretty sure the hubs are made by Formula, no play, front one spins quite nicely, rear one has a little more drag, maybe the seals will have less drag after some mileage. Cannondale didn't want to share who manufactures the rims with me but, they told me they are designed by Cannondale, made to their specs in Taiwan (reading between the lines, I think I know who but can't tell for sure). They seem well built though, tension is good and the brake track has a fine micro texture that sounds a little like a more subtle Mavic Exalith 'bzzzzz'... Before I got the bike I thought it might be one of the first thing I'd change but now I'll start with them and see how they ride and handle braking.

One thing about the rims though, the internal cavity isn't deep so changing tires is hard, very tight. I never bothered carrying tire levers ever as I always could easily change tires by hand but I think I'll start carrying them now. After trying by hand a while and some french canadian swearing, I needed levers to take the stock tires off and I managed to put the Continentals on by hand, but my thumbs could still feel the effort two days later! :) Maybe using thinner tape like Stan's could help, or once the tires age a bit... They do give tires a nice width though. At under 100psi, the Conti GP4000 25's measure 27mm.

How wide are them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am 
Administrator

Beautiful! It's nice to see that Cannondale is not all full of themselves and the frame does not have their name plastered all over it.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:17 pm 

Extremely nice clean look, i like a lot the color, with a hollowgram would have been pure perfection but I aldready know it doesn't work very well with Etap groupset