Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 2017 Cannondale Evo eTap
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Physically in Montréal, but my mind is in the Pyrénées
Here's my mostly stock Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod eTap. It was 6.5kg out of the box (so without pedals and cages) and now stands at 6.1kg all in without too much effort, there is potential to easily go much lighter.

The picture doesn't do that color justice though. Cannondale calls it Acid Red but in real life, it's like if someone dropped some fluorescent orange into a bucket of bright Ferrari red, it's incredibly luminous and more neon orange depending of the lighting but it looks much more like a standard red in photos...

Image

Frame: Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2 Hi-Mod • 54cm
Fork: Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2 Hi-Mod
Crankset: SRAM Red BB30a • 172.5
Chainrings: SRAM Red • 36/52
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale alloy PF30
Shifters: SRAM Red eTap
Cassette: SRAM Red 22 XG-1190 • 11-28
Chain: KMC X11SL
Front Derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
Wheels: Cannondale Hollowgram Si
Skewers: KCNC Ti
Tires: Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II • 700x25
Tubes: Continental Race 28 Light • 60mm valves
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti
Brakes: Cane Creek made EE Brakes
Brake pads: SwissStop Black Prince
Brake cables: stock SRAM but with Nokon rear loop and a few links where it enters the headtube
Handlebar: Cannondale Escape Carbon • 42cm
Bar tape: Fizik Superlight soft touch
Stem: Cannondale C1 with integrated Garmin mount • 100mm
Headset: Cannondale SI • 15mm cone + 5mm spacer under and over the stem
Saddle: Fizik Antares 00
Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE • 350mm long stock but I cut around 90mm off including the metal Di2 battery holder
Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible

_________________
Dan Gerous


Top
   
 Post subject: 2017 Cannondale Evo eTap
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 am
Posts: 424
Location: Eastern Coast of the Baltic Sea
If I were to buy another Evo, it would definitely be this one!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 36
Nice!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:36 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Jacksonville FL
Great bike! I have the Blue from 2016 built DAdi2 and it is awesome!!

any idea what the weight on the wheels is?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 am
Posts: 31
Belle machine!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Physically in Montréal, but my mind is in the Pyrénées
dak wrote:
Great bike! I have the Blue from 2016 built DAdi2 and it is awesome!!

any idea what the weight on the wheels is?

Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.

The stock skewers work great, smooth internal cam à la Shimano... but they weigh a ton! I'm pretty sure the hubs are made by Formula, no play, front one spins quite nicely, rear one has a little more drag, maybe the seals will have less drag after some mileage. Cannondale didn't want to share who manufactures the rims with me but, they told me they are designed by Cannondale, made to their specs in Taiwan (reading between the lines, I think I know who but can't tell for sure). They seem well built though, tension is good and the brake track has a fine micro texture that sounds a little like a more subtle Mavic Exalith 'bzzzzz'... Before I got the bike I thought it might be one of the first thing I'd change but now I'll start with them and see how they ride and handle braking.

One thing about the rims though, the internal cavity isn't deep so changing tires is hard, very tight. I never bothered carrying tire levers ever as I always could easily change tires by hand but I think I'll start carrying them now. After trying by hand a while and some french canadian swearing, I needed levers to take the stock tires off and I managed to put the Continentals on by hand, but my thumbs could still feel the effort two days later! :) Maybe using thinner tape like Stan's could help, or once the tires age a bit... They do give tires a nice width though. At under 100psi, the Conti GP4000 25's measure 27mm.

_________________
Dan Gerous


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:04 pm
Posts: 33
Damn that looks smooth. Can you get rid of the stem decals with some acetone?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Posts: 723
Looks great. Do the decals come off the rims? I had issues with the wheel well on xentis rims - I switched to veloplugs to buy a little extra room but still needed levers.

_________________
Evo 5.63kg SL3 6.66 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Posts: 368
Location: Physically in Montréal, but my mind is in the Pyrénées
rekhyt wrote:
Damn that looks smooth. Can you get rid of the stem decals with some acetone?

Yeah it would look much better if the stem was all black, it looks painted but, perhaps I'll see if it can rubbed off.

NiFTY wrote:
Looks great. Do the decals come off the rims? I had issues with the wheel well on xentis rims - I switched to veloplugs to buy a little extra room but still needed levers.

I took off the small 'made in Taiwan' decals and it was a piece of cake, they didn't even left glue residue, I think they could be taken off easily yes, I was thinking about it but I think I'll keep them on until I try them... If they're keepers, I might take them off but if I decide to sell them eventually, maybe it's best if I leave them on.

_________________
Dan Gerous


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:36 am
Posts: 85
Location: Yorkshire, UK / Bangkok, Thailand
This is one sexy bike!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 129
Location: South Africa
That is perfect.
Wow.

Many a happy mile on her!!! Enjoy.

_________________
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am
Posts: 367
Location: Pom living in Australia
Very nice, great choice of colour. !!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:12 pm
Posts: 79
Dan Gerous wrote:
dak wrote:
Great bike! I have the Blue from 2016 built DAdi2 and it is awesome!!

any idea what the weight on the wheels is?

Someone here posted the weight of his, they were a little over 1500gr if I remember but that was with the included rim strips. I haven't checked mine as I don't have a super precise scale. Claimed weight I was told from someone at Cannondale is 1420-1460 grams without strips.

The stock skewers work great, smooth internal cam à la Shimano... but they weigh a ton! I'm pretty sure the hubs are made by Formula, no play, front one spins quite nicely, rear one has a little more drag, maybe the seals will have less drag after some mileage. Cannondale didn't want to share who manufactures the rims with me but, they told me they are designed by Cannondale, made to their specs in Taiwan (reading between the lines, I think I know who but can't tell for sure). They seem well built though, tension is good and the brake track has a fine micro texture that sounds a little like a more subtle Mavic Exalith 'bzzzzz'... Before I got the bike I thought it might be one of the first thing I'd change but now I'll start with them and see how they ride and handle braking.

One thing about the rims though, the internal cavity isn't deep so changing tires is hard, very tight. I never bothered carrying tire levers ever as I always could easily change tires by hand but I think I'll start carrying them now. After trying by hand a while and some french canadian swearing, I needed levers to take the stock tires off and I managed to put the Continentals on by hand, but my thumbs could still feel the effort two days later! :) Maybe using thinner tape like Stan's could help, or once the tires age a bit... They do give tires a nice width though. At under 100psi, the Conti GP4000 25's measure 27mm.



How wide are them?

_________________
http://www.weightweenies.com.br


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am
Posts: 6851
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Beautiful! It's nice to see that Cannondale is not all full of themselves and the frame does not have their name plastered all over it.

_________________
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm
Posts: 55
Location: ITALY
Extremely nice clean look, i like a lot the color, with a hollowgram would have been pure perfection but I aldready know it doesn't work very well with Etap groupset

_________________
My 5,4 kg Supersix Evo HM: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Cannondale Supersix HiMod 2017 - with etap and ultegra disc

[ Go to page: 13 4 5 6 7 ]

in Road

nemeseri

99

22611

Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:50 am

nemeseri View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. what do you think of cannondale evo 2017??

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Dokas

40

9398

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm

illskittlz View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 Cannondale product releases

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

Sacke

58

24297

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:25 am

DamonRinard View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cannondale Super6 evo hi mod 6.29kg eTap

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Wull

14

3108

Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:40 am

Wull View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Norregard, stormur and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited