Cannondale SuperSix with SRAM Force

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I would have gone for white tape, but interestingly the red one works with the black hoods. Bold move!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

......That my friend is the ugliest bike I've ever seen! :roll:

I'm referring to n 1even's bike...

hmai18

by hmai18

Please, for the love of all that is good, ditch those damned Mavic that you've plastered all over the place.

Also, the red tape isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be, but stick with black or white.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

So a few changes to the SuperSix.

The FSA Gossamer Pro BB30 Compact crankset got changed to a FSA SL-K BB30 Compact crankset in a 50/36T combination. I now spend more time on the small chainring. The stem got changed back to the same one in black. Luckily I have a great LBS which took back the white and gave me a black instead. Also changed the white Deda seatpost to an Enve without setback. And the handlebar tape is white again and NO Mavic stickers :)

I would like to change the FSA chainrings to the ones in silver/grey instead of black. Otherwise I have no near future changes planned.

Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

hmai18

by hmai18

Lookin' good.

rikdewy

by rikdewy

Yeah, you've got her looking Pro now.

My 2nd fave iteration was when you had the green tyres on the Aksiums.

Some people can't bring themselves to say that a cheaper/low end part actually looks good! But I do like the new wheels.
It's all about the bike! well nearly all.

quattrings

by quattrings

You had me worried for a second. It looked like you were going the wrong way with this bike, but I stand corrected. You still have good taste. The red bar tape, the mavic stickers, the white stem and seatpost looked horrible.
Now it's looking very neat. Next upgrade would have to be Praxis rings in my opinion (or just paint those FSA rings like I did).

n1ven, that is trying too hard, the colours don't quite match up. I don't like it, sorry.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Thanks... I could see after a while that it wasn't good how my bike looked. So I decided to go back to basics. Black seatpost/stem and white bartape. And I'm glad I did. I had some serious knee pain developing after 20-40 kilomoters in my right knee. With the new seatpost with zero setback the knee pain is gone.

I think I will go with the FSA chainrings in silver/grey as I like the more solid look compared to Stronglight and Spécialités TA chainrings. I haven't looked at Praxis chainrings. That could be a possibility. So next upgrades will be chainrings and maybe the Deda Zero 100 handlebar.

Are coloured tires a no go on the current build? Thinking about Schwalbe Ultremo ZX with the thin white stripe?

quattrings

by quattrings

If you're asking me, I'd say this bike deserves proper tires. I'm not a fan of schwalbe road tires. I'd say try Vittoria open corsa's. haven't had a flat on them and they are starting to go now after some 3-4k.
Otherwise just get a set of those rubino lime ones, I still think those looked great on your set up.

with the FSA chainrings, are you referring to these? Image

I'd say it's esthetically a step down and funtionally a step sideways. The praxis rings would be a step up on both counts (especially with some nice black bolts, perhaps some blue ones)
These are the praxis rings I'm talking about

I'd also get that garmin in front of the bars in some way. It will flow better with the blue on the frame I think.

Man I think I want your bike :D

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Thanks for your reply!

Would that be the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX II tires I should look in to?

Those are the FSA rings I'm talking about. i will look into the Praxis rings. Are there any difference between the Praxis rings and SRAM Red rings? To me they look quite similar.

Getting the Garmin in front of my stem is something I'm working on. The best solutions I've found so far is the Bar Fly mount from AC. Recently I found the K-Edge mount which also seems very interesting: http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/p/23458/k-e ... rmin-edge/

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hey Greenduck,
Our rings are very different from SRAM's machined rings.

We cold forge our rings in order to create the complex tooth profiles and shifting features needed for great shifting.
The added benefit of cold forging is it also yields a harder and tougher surface.... this translates into a more durable ring than a basic machined ring.

Have a look here to learn more - http://praxiscycles.com/pages/forging" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's an explanation about how we make our rings.
(Great looking bike by the way!)

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Thanks for the reply Adam. They look very interesting and I hear/read good things about them.

bluingreen

by bluingreen

What degree angle is that Deda stem? Looks great with the frame.

Greenduck

by Greenduck

bluingreen wrote:What degree angle is that Deda stem? Looks great with the frame.

Thanks... The angle is 82 degrees...

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I've been having fun reading this post from the beginning and loved watching the transformation. I just bought a '12 SuperSix 3 in Red/Black/White and planning on replacing the stock post/stem/bar, lightweight tubes, Token seat collar...etc. Bike weighed 17.0 lbs the day I bought it and my goal is to get it to 16 lbs shortly.

So, What does your bike weigh now?

Looks fantastic by the way - I'm jealous of that colour!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com