Baum Corretto - Black & Purple 'Phantom'

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

synchronicity

by synchronicity

Congratulations on your new Baum! It is definitely one of the most exclusive bikes out there - I guess that was the original aim! :mrgreen:

I for one am honoured that you have chosen our product for your dream bike build. Image
Being the man behind the controversial purple cable housing, I am almost lost for words. :shock:

I also have a thing for purple, and I think the cables look fantastic just as they are. :thumbup:
Of course you could have chosen black cable housing, but I don't think the bike would have made as much of a statement in that case. I think it would actually be lacking some colour somewhere.
:wink:
Ultimately I think a more important & interesting discussion is how each individual part performs and then the whole bike considered as one... :idea:
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

This is a beautiful bike, and I think a nice way to memorialize your father. It seems like a bike that you'll have for life, and will generate a lot of really great memories that your dad thereby becomes part of in some way.

Fattrucker

by Fattrucker

That sir is one fine fine bicycle you have there !

If your father was alive today (R.I.P.) and he gave you the same amount of money to do with as you wished , what would he say to you spending it on a cycle like this ?
My guess is he would have been glad you did .
I doubt you ever look at this cycle once and NOT remember your father ?
A true honour to him . Respect sir 8)

I also think others should remember that this is YOUR bike and YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE of specification for YOUR dream bike ! :roll:

P.S. Is it not slightly amusing that some members are complaining about you dictating what they can and can't say whilst they try and dictate to you what you should and shouldn't have on your bike ? :lol:
Is the old phrase " people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" appropriate here ?

Congratulations on a fine build .

P.P.S. You could leave the red crank bolt as is ? It's a talking point and draws the eye . It's a cherry on the cake and not a fly in the ointment . :thumbup:
Plus it'll annoy the he'll out of "certain" people . :wink: :beerchug:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Quick shot with Mavic R-SYS SLRs from my Look:

Oh, and now has an SRM on the Rotor 3D+ :thumbup:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I took it on holiday last week:

Top of the Col de la Croix Fry 8)

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

For what it's worth as well, you'll see in the last few shots I've been trying different saddles. I've now switched back to the original San Marco Superleggera as it's the most comfortable shape of all of them - sure, it has no 'give', but the shape is so good I can forgive that.

I've done 220km rides with that saddle and survived - it's painted to match the bike so it's only right it stays.

Tallboy

by Tallboy

Rich
Who painted your seat and stem? I'm guessing Baum?
Great job, glad you are enjoying it
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

The stem is a standard black Tune one - no painting there.

I took the saddle to Baum when I visited them for my fitting. They sanded it and refinished it with the frame.

Just ordered a black KMC chain for this so I'm looking forward to seeing how that looks. Also ordered some Parts of Passion seatpost yokes because the edges of the Tune Cappy yokes have been damaging my lycra shorts :(

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks!

Most recently, a decision to switch away from a power meter after going through the hassle of getting my Rotor cranks upgraded to SRM has resulted in the bike now wearing a set of DA7900 cranks. I'll get a pic up once I've taken a decent one - they look good, but I think it'll only ever be an interim step.

I want some AX Morpheus or EE cranks on it really - both need to have a PF30 fitment sorted and become a bit more readily available before either are realistic options.

Tune is also tempting, but I'm currently unconvinced on the design...

mrfish

by mrfish

On a trip 'way out west' (London) while waiting for ride buddies in Richmond Park I saw this machine and its owner in the flesh.

I can confirm that it looks even better than in the photos, and Rich is a nice friendly chap too.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Awww, shucks! :oops:

:thumbup:

rohin

by rohin

PERFECTION with a capital B! :thumbup:

rd

by rd

Nice little video on Darren and the gang from the Baum site.

http://www.baumcycles.com/archives/1146

serbelo

by serbelo

Awesome bike Rich!
Reminds me of Justin Bieber(my daughters watch his video everyday)Not that I look at your bike everyday too!
Can you describe how she rides,downhill,rough roads,etc...Is she vertically compliant.
Cervelo R2.5
Cervelo P2c
Cervelo R3
Parlee Z3
Parlee TT

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I've cracked under the pressure - my spare Arundel Mandible cages just slipped onto it! :shock:

Verdict?:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com