Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Really good saddle - I'm a big fan.

split

by split

Awaiting Feedback #14 on your blog, but you may be busy with the move. How's the komm-vor compare to the speedneedle?
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks for the reminder - I'll get something penned!

Basically the Komm-Vor is a more forgiving alternative to the Speedneedle. It has more flex in the shell, but with the offset of less pressure relief.

To be honest I'm back on the San Marco Superleggera - it's painted to match the bike so definitely looks the best, and I get on really well with the shape of it (there's a lot of pressure relief and the shape of the wings really suits my backside). I just wish it had a bit more flex in it as it gets uncomfortable beyond 150km.

split

by split

Rich-Ti wrote:Thanks for the reminder - I'll get something penned!

Basically the Komm-Vor is a more forgiving alternative to the Speedneedle. It has more flex in the shell, but with the offset of less pressure relief.

To be honest I'm back on the San Marco Superleggera - it's painted to match the bike so definitely looks the best, and I get on really well with the shape of it (there's a lot of pressure relief and the shape of the wings really suits my backside). I just wish it had a bit more flex in it as it gets uncomfortable beyond 150km.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely know what you mean about the rigidity of the san marco aspide saddles :P
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

split

by split

Congrats! That's something special to own a show bike.

http://road.cc/content/news/50461-whats ... e-send-pic

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks!

The next one will be too...

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Bought these wheels for my next Baum - couldn't resist seeing what they looked like on this bike...

:shock:

I think they need de-stickering...! :lol:

eippo1

by eippo1

Holy crap is this bike beautiful. I love Baum's stuff. Looks best with the Lightweights ATMO. You say you have another on the way? Wow, I look forward to seeing it.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

After a bit of Photoshop:

split

by split

:unbelievable: :unbelievable: :unbelievable:

I don't mind the decals as much since your frame graphics are more subdued - it balances out. If your next bike had a lot of black and white and was busier, I'd consider the stealth wheel look. Get a cassette on there and tell us how they differ from your LW?!

If you were to keep these on this Baum, I'd get purple logo decals to replace the orange ones for the super custom look :mrgreen:

TimmS

by TimmS

The old fastfood are said to be very flexible, how do you like your smartfood cranks?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

SmartFoot cranks are lovely - no noticeable difference in stiffness against the Rotor 3D+ I was using before them.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Looks better with white decals. Maybe removing the orange ones....

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

White ones are off and the wheels look much better for it! I'm getting new coloured ones to replace the orange thanks to Cippo :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcj9

by dcj9

i liked your original build alot :thumbup:
i am going to say madfibre wheels on this build look awkward, how do they compare with your other wheels to ride? :D

edit: ignore my comment - i just re-read your post and can see the wheels are meant for another build.