Baum Corretto - Black & Purple 'Phantom'

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I have the touch-up paint pot for the purple - I plan to paint that bolt ;)

Santoki

by Santoki

When weenies start arguing over bottle cages and the colour of brake cables you know you have a stellar bike.

Let us know if it is as good to ride as it looks. :thumbup:

I do hope that one day we will see a picture of it covered in mud. I love to see dream bikes like this being ridden hard - looked after well, of course, but ridden hard.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

globalsunset

by globalsunset

Beautiful! Love it :)

mrfish

by mrfish

Good effort.

Personally I think it was a lot of money to spend, but if it curbs your bike and part purchasing addiction for ohh..maybe 3 years, then you could regard it as an investment.

devinci

by devinci

Rich-Ti wrote:I have the touch-up paint pot for the purple - I plan to paint that bolt ;)

+1

I was gonna sk. It will certainly be the cherry on top!

guyc

by guyc

StefanR wrote:
Rich-Ti wrote:Clear to see there's more comments on there that slate the bike than appreciate it Stefan. Yours was deleted because it didn't make sense. Sorry.

good to know that you decide what what makes sense and what not, that Trek you published it still ugly, even without my comment. cleaned my RSS reader now. dont like when people think they have to manage others thoughts. Sorry. :welcome:

That'll be my Trek then.

Cheers for that Stefan.

Steelman

by Steelman

StefanR wrote:hey Rich, nice bike. just the violet cable routing is too much, the rest of it does not need that fancy "touch". ;)

P.S. "profesional shots" for a bike ;) come on! place it against a plain wall and do it yourself.

Funny coming from a guy that has an entire topic dedicated to trying to figure out which seat post to go with. Give the guy a break. The bike is absolutely stunning! :thumbup:

StefanR

by StefanR

Santoki wrote:When weenies start arguing over bottle cages and the colour of brake cables you know you have a stellar bike.

and I thought all bikes here in the forum are stellar bikes, 99% of the commented bikes are "awesome bike" and "fantastic bike". yes, the baum above is a very nice bike, thats for sure. as for the answers here, no need to take thoughts personal, strange reactions ;)) if somebody does not go with the common taste. have a nice weekend.

P.S. and a third time, the bike is a very nice bike ;))
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

StefanR wrote:
Santoki wrote:When weenies start arguing over bottle cages and the colour of brake cables you know you have a stellar bike.

and I thought all bikes here in the forum are stellar bikes, 99% of the commented bikes are "awesome bike" and "fantastic bike". yes, the baum above is a very nice bike, thats for sure. as for the answers here, no need to take thoughts personal, strange reactions ;)) if somebody does not go with the common taste. have a nice weekend.

Ahah how many times you will repeat it :roll: :roll:
I'm with you with the "tell what you think and stop saying every bikes are marvellous to flatter its owner" but hey, after all may be you like to be the man that stands out in a group :wink: :wink:

PS: I think I've got same tastes as you. Having a bike that fit and if build the WW way, then it as to respect the roots of cycling (in term of position, brands that fit together and all)

But you also got to consider that, when you look at a man's bike, stop think to "How would I look riding that bike" or "I would break it in a second" or "oh it wouldn't have handle the 15 000km I did this winter"

NB: I don't mean to be rude, I like your sense of love for cycling, also consider that I'm having hard time to choose the right words in english. :noidea:

StefanR

by StefanR

Samuel, I can speak only for myself, NOT for others. in any moment I said "Rich has to change the cable routing". if he feels like he can ride green florescent cables, I don't care at all. I just said that I dont like the violet colour of the cable routing, thats all.

and yes, the bike looks great, again.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

StefanR wrote:Samuel, I can speak only for myself, NOT for others. in any moment I said "Rich has to change the cable routing". if he feels like he can ride green florescent cables, I don't care at all. I just said that I dont like the violet colour of the cable routing, thats all.

and yes, the bike looks great, again.

Yes, I was speaking more generally, not this topic. I saw that actually you put a bit of water in your wine (as we say in france)

guyc

by guyc

StefanR wrote:

I think what the issue was here is that Rich runs his own site, and as such he's entitled to publish or delete any comments left there. He chose to delete your comment which I'm assuming was about my Trek. You think it's ugly. That's fine, I disagree and the world will still turn. But you decided to drag the comment issue into this thread when maybe a PM to Rich would have been a better approach?

Me, I know some people dislike Treks. I couldn't really care about the name on the bike - I care more about how it rides (plus my best friend runs a bike shop that means I pay peanuts for the bikes I ride today, which of course means I tend to ride what he sells ;) ) If I see a thread with a bike I don't like the look of I tend to not comment, because I'm aware that the owner loves it.

Anyway, for me it's not what you ride, it's that you ride. So happy riding.

SQ

by SQ

Aamzing bike and I love the attention to detail, including the cursive "Coretto" on the TT which I haven't seen before and the purple donuts on the cable.

jghall

by jghall

Wow, that has to be one of the nicest builds I've seen in a while. BEAUtiful. Enjoy.

fa63

by fa63

Great looking bike, although I feel the bottle cages look a little bit out of place. Let us know how it rides when you get a chance :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com