Master PRBK

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

StefanR

by StefanR

EcoRacer wrote:Hi fellow Weenies,
Also, I needed a -17 degree stem which is hard to find around here but my Trek dealer had them in stock. Yes the spacer stack is necessary because I wanted a 10cm drop. I have very long legs for my length (175cm with 86,5cm legs) and thus every bike is always a compromise. But at least the stem height would have been the same if I had used a quill stem. But I hate quill stems with an never ending passion! Yeah they look classy but are weak and old.

Let me know what you think!

spacer tower is ugly. take some away, get a 10 or 12º stem and you still have 10cm drop. just looking nicer....

http://www.vogel-rahmenbau.de/vorbau9.htm

stem would match fork perfectly!

diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

:beerchug:

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

StefanR wrote:
EcoRacer wrote:Hi fellow Weenies,
Also, I needed a -17 degree stem which is hard to find around here but my Trek dealer had them in stock. Yes the spacer stack is necessary because I wanted a 10cm drop. I have very long legs for my length (175cm with 86,5cm legs) and thus every bike is always a compromise. But at least the stem height would have been the same if I had used a quill stem. But I hate quill stems with an never ending passion! Yeah they look classy but are weak and old.

Let me know what you think!

spacer tower is ugly. take some away, get a 10 or 12º stem and you still have 10cm drop. just looking nicer....

http://www.vogel-rahmenbau.de/vorbau9.htm

stem would match fork perfectly!

Nice to hear some different opinions.

I tried a 10 degree stem but it looks as silly as a 6 degree, only thing that looked good was a completely horizontal stem. which is 17 degree.

Spacer tower is the same height as a quill stem would be if I wanted one. It's only 2,5cm, that's like nothing at all.

In the end it doesn't matter, I like it and it's not going to change. :D
If everyone rode the same looking bikes you wouldn't be able to tell me I am an idiot. :lol:

Cheers! :beerchug:

kgt

by kgt

EcoRacer wrote: Ιn the end it doesn't matter, I like it and it's not going to change.

EcoRacer wrote:I should mention that I work at a bike shop that sells Trek, Campagnolo, Vredestein, Speedplay,... :lol:

That is the real reason why you chose the Bontrager stuff then. Whether you happen to like it that is another story.

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

kgt wrote:
EcoRacer wrote: Ιn the end it doesn't matter, I like it and it's not going to change.

EcoRacer wrote:I should mention that I work at a bike shop that sells Trek, Campagnolo, Vredestein, Speedplay,... :lol:

That is the real reason why you chose the Bontrager stuff then. Whether you happen to like it that is another story.

Seems like I pissed some people off... :mrgreen:

Ontopic:

I wanted to keep the weight of this bike low because the frame and fork already weigh more than enough. I don't want to end up with a bike that weighs 10kg and I would hate to ride here. I live in Norway and everywhere you go there is a lot of climbing so weight is important to me. If I would have ridden this in Belgium, The Netherlands or Denmark than weight wouldn't be such an issue.

StefanR

by StefanR

voodoo again ;) it is nice to have a light bike, but it will not make you faster, independent from where you live.

to the rest: you show your bike in public, people give their opinion, I dont read any "pissed off" here, just some thoughts different to yours.

"you can still like your bike" it is yours...
diversity.....

EcoRacer

by EcoRacer

StefanR wrote:voodoo again ;) it is nice to have a light bike, but it will not make you faster, independent from where you live.

:D

Ride a 20kg bike uphill and ride a 5kg bike uphill and tell me again that you won't be any faster...

It won't make me a better rider, that's correct. But it will require less effort to get up the hill. (even if it's not that much)

StefanR

by StefanR

EcoRacer wrote:
StefanR wrote:voodoo again ;) it is nice to have a light bike, but it will not make you faster, independent from where you live.

:D

Ride a 20kg bike uphill and ride a 5kg bike uphill and tell me again that you won't be any faster...

It won't make me a better rider, that's correct. But it will require less effort to get up the hill. (even if it's not that much)

EcoRacer wrote:(even if it's not that much)

right, voodoo ;)
I am not talking about a 20kg bike, maybe they used 20kg bikes when the crossed first Aubisque and Tourmalet in 1910. we talke about your bike ;) what is maybe around 8-9kg.
diversity.....

sakic

by sakic

NIce bike. I like the black one, I know someone with one and it has a very similar build. I went for the white version, but I think I like the black more.

I did build mine with 10 speed record from the year 2000 and stem, bars, setpost & wheels etc from the mid 90's, looked ok, but I thought the frame was worthy of a full modern build kit.

There is nothing ugly about your bike, the fit is the fit and it's set up to be ridden. if anything the setback post with the saddle slid forward looks a bit off, but you don't see it once your on it anyway.

Good stuff :thumbup: