Project: English

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Yossarian

by Yossarian

Some changes afoot to my English.

The Ciamillo NegG brakes have been a pain in the arse. Rob built a beautiful set of Enve 6.7s on Alchemy hubs with CX Rays which I received back in June last year, making them one of the first pairs in the UK.

However, they were far too wide for the Ciamillo brakes. I eventually got the low profile pad holders, and then had to order some new bolts for those too, as the original ones were too long and pressed the pads out of the pad holders. I finally got them all set up the other day, but finally decided they had to go. (I'll probably use them on my old Litespeed Tuscany, which doesn't endure lots of wheel swaps.)

So I'm changing the Ciamillos in favour of a pair of black EE brakes.

Will put some images up when they're fitted.

I'm also keen to swap the Lightning cranks for the SRM / Clavicula M3 set. Going to have to start saving for that though...

And I think a set of skinny section tubular wheels would look great on the bike - maybe Ambrosio Nemesis rims on Alchemy again.

jdp211

by jdp211

sounds like some killer upgrades

by Weenie

simonanks69

by simonanks69

do you know what exact tubing was used?
CARPE DIEM
Colnago C59 Italia GLBK
Up coming custom steel cyclocross :D

Yossarian

by Yossarian

Looking back at old e-mails, Rob specified: "custom butted/ovalised seattube, custom butted headtube, True Temper S3 downtube, toptube and chain stays."